Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Change to Global Crosshairs Pointer & behaviour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change to Global Crosshairs Pointer & behaviour?

Hello,
    Firstly could you confirm whether or not the cursor has been changed? There is no reference to it being so in the Release Notes.
    The reason I ask.....
    I am certain previously when I would select a Drawing Object (invariably a Line or Ray) and then hover over an Anchor Point over the centre one would display a 4 arrowhead and either end anchors a double arrowhead perpendicular to the Line. The arrowheads were white with black outline, the same as my Mouse Properties Pointer Style.
    Now, they are black, whereas my Mouse Pointer remains white with black outline elsewhere, and the double arrowheads are not perpendicular to the Line. So I am certain this is a change.

As far as I am aware and recall, I have not made any changes to my Mouse Properties, and there are no changes to behaviour that I have noticed elsewhere in Ninjatrader or elsewhere i.e. the only change I have identified so far is to the Global Crosshairs Select pointer when hovering over Anchor Points........

However, how this has come to my attention.....
    I use Mouse Hover to automatically highlight/make active the Window over which the pointer resides.
    I use macros, shortcuts and Ninja Hotkeys.
    I find that the behaviour of these has changed.
    For example - I have a macro that sends my mouse pointer to a SuperDOM in the middle of the ladder vertically and horizontally. As it is hover-active, the macro then ctrl+shift+c to centre price. What is now happening is that it does not centre price. If I hit the macro again, it centers price. The same happens on all instances i.e. multiple macros for multiple dom locations. This is a change in behaviour, it has worked in 7&8 hundreds of times per day in many workspaces, many macros etc. The question is why has the behaviour changed?

A similar thing is happening on a different macro. Similar to above, I have one to delete all Drawing Objects from all charts at the end of the day
    So the macro sends the mouse chart to chart, hover-activates the Window and runs ctrl+shift+d, then moves to the next chart window and repeats.
    What appears to he happening here is that it does not run the Hotkey until the mouse subsequently moves i.e. the macro moves the cursor over a chart, it should delete the drawing objects but doesn't UNTIL the macro moves the mouse to the next chart and as soon as it moves from being static the 'do you want to delete all DrgObs's?' popup message appears. The Keyboard instruction works as expected.

I also have a macro to cycle through Window tabs which works in a similar fashion to the Delete DrgObs's. I believe this is behaving in similar fashion i.e. it isn't tabbing until the mouse moves

I have used the same macros approach with hover select for several years, and on 7.
    I haven't made any changes to the macros
    I haven't made any changes to my mouse pointer settings, which are MS standard default pointer etc
    There was a Windows update last week, but the issue predates this - I've been trying to figure out what's going on, why, how to fix it when the Anchor point cursor change piqued my interest,. Where/how is it controlled? It is no longer the same as my Mouse Settings as it used to be, nor is it the same as the mouse over a chart axis, for example.
    However this issue did not coincide with my updating to R21.1

The one thing of which there is certainty in my mind, is the change of cursor style displaying when selecting a drawing object and hovering over an anchor point.... It may or not be related, but I don't know how or why it has changed. It is 'global' acoss Ninja i.e. happens in a different workspace

Any ideas?

kind regards,
    Last edited by brucerobinson; 04-17-2020, 07:24 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files to get some more information for these items. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2509077 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

done as requested

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post yertle
      by yertle