Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Chart

Hi,

can I see a tick-chart ? So not candlestick, but price per tick.

If yes, which display type ? Didn’t find one yet.

In my case F-Dax

Regards,

Frank

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

In NinjaTrader, a tick chart would also be a candlestick chart, but based on price action instead of time. On a new chart, in the Data Series window you would pul the Type dropdown menu to find this bar type and set the interval to the desired amount of ticks per candlestick. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx for info Marco
      Questions,
      a) where do I select the interval as well as the price instead of time options ?
      b) is the ticks per candlestick to be set in Data Series / Value ?

c) Also, can I save a chart setting and open back up when needed ? Didn't see a save option yet.
      d) Also, in the forum, can I upload images via url ?

Comment

Hello Frank1000,

Thank you for responding with those great questions.

a) To select the interval, there are a few different ways you may do so. You can either click on the Drop down menu section "type" and then select the type of interval you wish to use (tick, minute, day, etc.) and then below that you may enter the value for the interval. Additionally, in the chart itself, there is an interval drop down menu you may use.

b) This question goes back to the first question, you would select the Type, which in this example would be Ticks, and then you would enter a number for the value, so for example in the screenshot you have 150 ticks selected, this means a new bar will be formed every 150 ticks.

c) You may absolutely save a chart. You may save a chart as a template so you will not have to completely recreate it, or you may save your workspace so that you will not have to recreate your charts and windows once more when logging back into the platform. Here are two helpful links to the Workspace section of our help guide, along with chart templates.

Chart Templates:Workspaces:With workspace, you would simply need to save the workspace before you close the platform and then the last saved/used workspace will be the one opened when you start NinjaTrader up and if you have created charts or other windows, if you saved the workspace, those items will be saved as well.

d) From my understanding you can upload images from URL in the Forum.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional questions or inquiries regarding NinjaTrader.

Attached Files

Comment

thx for help, all cleared now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM