Marking all charts with a horizontal line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking all charts with a horizontal line

If I would like to mark all charts with a horizontal line at the current price... so that after I do this, then the line stays where it is and I can see on charts how far the price has moved from that line - then what would be the ways I could do this?

I mean I assume this feature is not built in

so what alternatives are there to make this an automated or semi automated thing?

if programming is involved, please broadly outline the steps.. I mean I don't need instructions but a couple of points as to what should be done

thanks

If your goal is to mark the charts with a horizontal line extending from the current price and have that line update when the current price changes then you could use the built in 'Price Line' indicator.

If the above is not what you're looking for, could you elaborate further on what you're wanting to accomplish?

Comment

a price line indicator shows the current price at all times.

I want to mark the price at the moment I decide to mark price - on all chart - and leave that line where it is.. this way it is easy to gauge how far the price has moved on all charts

Comment

Are "all charts" you referring to the same instrument and expiry? Or would hey be different instruments/expiries?

Comment

all open charts.. I guess I would need to write some indicator and have them running on all charts.. but how would i trigger it ? so that the indicator knows to draw a line on the chart?

Comment

for example. treasuries are correlated, can be useful there - some dom platforms have a similar feature for their doms

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for your question.

You would be correct that an indicator would have to be added to each chart to programmatically draw on each chart Triggering when this should update would be the tricky part, and this would not be supported.

I have put together a test previously that could give you some further direction, but please be aware that this code is 100% unsupported, so please do not ask us questions about taking this approach.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to open a new ticket.
              Attached Files
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Brevo
              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM