Having Order execution issues in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Order execution issues in NT8

Last 2 days I have been having a lot of errors with NT8. 1. It rejects ATM orders if I have an trade on the chart and it has rejected 2 orders when no trades are on the chart, as well.
    2.Not allowing me to adjust a target by adding another stop based on price action.I get an Order execution dialog box that pops up.This is a huge problem and one that has never been an issue.
    So I enter an order say 2 cars, and then need to adjust 1 car to exit prior to its ATM target. ! add one and it get rejected. This hasnt been an issue before.Only was to exit is moved the target and exit the trade all at once.
    I can go naked by cancelling the whole stop and target, but my firm will red flag me and cause a problem.
    3. Cancelled order turning orange and not being able to remove it from the chart. All of this has been happening the last 2 days.

In my log: Red error in Strategy: You cant submit an exit order to a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled

Please help me with this issue, I have zero clue on what to do. Thank you.
    Last edited by tradermark2001; 04-17-2020, 09:18 AM.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Phone: 312.423.2234
    • Email: orders[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
    Specific order related troubleshooting is difficult to do on the forums when we cannot share log or trace files, however, let's see how much we can learn before you write in via email.

1. It rejects ATM orders if I have an trade on the chart and it has rejected 2 orders when no trades are on the chart, as well.
    What error message appears in your log or on screen when this occurs? Is this the message you referred to finding in your log?

2.Not allowing me to adjust a target by adding another stop based on price action.I get an Order execution dialog box that pops up.This a huge problem.
    So I enter an order say 2 cars, and then need to adjust 1 car to exit prior to its ATM target. ! add one and it get rejected. This hasnt been an issue before.Only was to exit is moved the target and exit the trade all at once.
    I can go naked by cancelling the whole stop and target, but my firm will red flag me and cause a problem.
    Can you elaborate what this "Order execution dialog box" is exactly? Can this be reproduced when trading to the Sim101 account?

3. Cancelled order turning orange and not being able to remove it from the chart. All of this has been happening the last 2 days.
    Are you able to 'fix' this orange order? If so, how? Does this orange order persist if you disconnect/reconnect?

In my log: Red error in Strategy: You cant submit an exit order to a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled
    This message is quite literal and indicates that you're attempting to submit an exit order prior to the entry order of that active strategy filling. Here is a video demonstration of creating this and how to 'fix' it:After reviewing the information above and the video, please elaborate further on exactly how you're submitting orders and hitting these errors.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick,
      its this simple I use as ATM strategy to execute an entry order on the chart. Stop loss is 18, target is 40. When I add additional orders I like to price tier my targets to current price action and place these targets in between its entry and 40 tick target. So without changing anything of the ATM. I right click on the chart and select, as an example sell 1 MKT and I place my stop. It's works fine in NT7, NT8 Sim but not in NT8 Live mode.In Live mode, when I add the additional contract, I get a dialog box. Then I kill the box, the box says something about Execution Error.
      The log is as what I wrote above, in red.

I have to go and change the ATM to none and put an stop order in for target 1 exit, while still having additional contracts open for higher/lower targets. Note, my original target and stops are not changed in Qty, That has created additional issues and that was when the price was hit and executed it didnt lower the original order quantities at the stop and far target,
      You're dealing with 20-40 contracts it created a huge problem twice today in a fast market. I have not changed a thing in my chart trader. So, I hope that helps. Thank you. ..

Also, in your video, normally that does not happen to me. Its just as I stated above.
      I dont have that issue, because I either market/limit order into the trade with my ATM or set a stop limit. I wait till the trade is executed then I set my specific first target. The video isnt the issue I am having. Its when I am in a executed trade. I get that bot when I try to put on the sell or buy target order.to hit my target and lower my risk. Hope that helps as well..
      Last edited by tradermark2001; 04-17-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

If the entry order you submitted with an ATM has not yet filled, then you can expect to see the message when you try to submit an exit order before the entry order has filled. This behavior is identical in NinjaTrader 7. Here is a video demonstration from NinjaTrader 7:

Comment

Thus isnt the case! I only place the additional target AFTER MY INITIAL ATM ORDER HAVE BEEN EXECUTED and on the chart and in there proper ATM tick positions.
          I know about the order error that is already on the chart and not executed. My issue is happening after I place and executed ATM order on the chart and try to add a shorter target contract. The additional order after that execution. Again, I have no problems when I do that with NT 7 live, NT8 Sim ONLY WHEN I AM LIVE ON NT8. I really dont know what to say. This clearly isnt the Problem that I have what You are describing. NT8 seems to have code issues when it when it has lots of data that it is using. I had this issue before. I simply removed the indicators, templates and workspaces. Removed NT8 from HD and registry. Reloaded NT8 and it was fine. I need my stats for my trading and losing that isn't an option. If it is then, I need to pay for another platform.
          I an not sure what to do but again its not the situation you're describing in the videos.not. May be you could call or we can Skype. I cannot run a additional charge on my prop account just to show you. I am not sure what to do. Thank you, Mark
          Last edited by tradermark2001; 04-17-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: "2509765 ATTN PatrickG" and include the answers to all of the following questions in the body of your message:
            • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
            • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
            • What instrument were you trading?
            • When did this most recently occur?
            • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Sent as instructed 04-17 2:55 PM

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                If the entry order you submitted with an ATM has not yet filled, then you can expect to see the message when you try to submit an exit order before the entry order has filled. This behavior is identical in NinjaTrader 7. Here is a video demonstration from NinjaTrader 7:
                The orders all have been executed and are displayed on the chart. Its when I go add additional stop or buy order and that order is rejected as though I do have an open order, but that is not the case.This creates 2 other issues. 1. Have to add a trade by taking the ATM off, to show None. Right click to place an order and thats when that trade is executed to sell or stop it doesnt change the existing orders that were set originally. They will show 2 and actually I have 3.
                Another issue was with multiple contracts, say 10 executed and so I put on 5 to sell for a short target using the None ATM setting. I go change the Qty to 1 back on the chart trader settings, then when that order is executed it changes the chart trader quantity back to 5. I then bought on a pull back and hit it 3 times, well it gave me 15 contacts not 3.I even had someone in the office check this to make sure I was crazy, and he confirmed the situation. So that trade that executed with 20 cars, came back a hit my stop, as I realized the quantity was wrong.
                It also wouldnt allow me to sell/buy using the chart trader buttons, had to move the handles to price to sell.or hit close. When trading Qty. this made it near impossible to trade.Hope you can find the solution because this isnt the first time its happened. To fix it prior had to do a full removal and reload, then reload all indicators. Only a fresh system seemed to fix the issue.This time I need my stats, so need to see what the real problem is and why its happening for the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader