Disable chart mouse scroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable chart mouse scroll

I sometimes accidentally scroll a chart if I touch my mouse scroll wheel. Is there a way to disable mouse wheel chart scrolling? I can write a ninjascript if needed to accomplish this.
    thanks.

There is no built in way to disable mouse scroll wheel input from adjusting the chart.

Comment

ok, but how about...
      1) Is there a ninascript method to scroll the chart to the last bar, and/or detect that that the chart isn't scrolled to the last bar?
      2) can't I create an indicator to intercept the mouse scroll event and not pass it along to the NT chart code?
      Last edited by tecmisc1; 04-17-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Hello tecmisc1,

1). there is not a specific method for detecting that its not on the last bar but there are properties you can read to help with getting the bars visible which could be compared with the CurrentBar or Count.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ghtsub=toindex

Scrolling is also not something which is currently available but you could use keyboard events to do that. While this is not documented you could see the following indicator for an example of targeting a control, focusing it and sending keys. https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indications-2/
        The charts keyboard shortcuts could then be used to scroll.

2). That is likely possible, that would require using the preview events in WPF to handle the event. That is again not documented but you can find a sample of doing this with keyboard events which would be the same concept as mouse events, you would just change what event you are using.

Learn about preview events in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and how to use preview events for composite control event handling.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 04-17-2020, 10:33 AM.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I sometimes accidentally scroll a chart if I touch my mouse scroll wheel. Is there a way to disable mouse wheel chart scrolling?
          is there a way to disable chart scrolling with mouse wheel now in 2021?

Comment

Hello whats1thingnow,

That is not currently available as an option of the chart. It may be possible to use WPF events to handle the mouse events however I am not aware of a sample of that concept. It would require using the preview mouse events from the WPF controls. That could be the window or chart control or other control. I am not certain which part of the core chart handles the mouse input to provide guidance there. You could experiment using an indicator and trying to handle the mouse events but that will require that you know some about WPF events and also finding controls by the automation id. The link in post 4 shows how to find controls and use WPF events so that would be a starting place. You can also learn about C# and WPF in external resources.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

sounds like it should be a function on NT8, not something we have to program

can you please add this to a feature request list?

i don't need the scroll wheel to scroll my charts when i already have the horizontal scrollbar and we should have an option to disable that - thank you

Comment

Hello whats1thingnow,

I have submitted a feature request for this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

I would like to add another vote to this feature request please.

Comment

Hello mlprice12,

I will put in a vote for that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse