Charts load blank...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts load blank...

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Using NT8.

I know this is a constant issue and I've tried to read and solve as much as possible but it is still eluding me. Why oh why do my charts come up blank when I try to load in a stock???

The funny thing is I can load up a futures chart and it will load historical data but when I try to do the same thing for a stock it just comes up blank. What gives? I'd like to be able to just pick a stock and look at it's historical trading data but for some reason it just seems impossible with NT. I have an IB account which I understand does not give historical data, but I have also signed up for a free data feed with NT (I think it's called Ninja trader Continuum) and I still cannot see historical charts. I've tried having a connection to both feeds, and then connecting to each one individually and I still get the same result. I've been contemplating buy a license to NT but if it doesn't work for what I need then what's the point? Please help!!!

The most likely answer is that you're not connected to a data provider that supplies NinjaTrader with stock data. The 'free data feed' you're referring to would only provide you with futures data.

Please see the link below for more information on all of NinjaTrader's supported data providers:You'll notice that Interactive Brokers is in this list and also that Interactive Brokers can provide data for stocks to NinjaTrader. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:

Comment

Ok I see, that makes sense then. I do know how to load the IB data feed, however IB doesn't supply historical data either. Thanks for your help!

Comment

So I'm looking at opening an account with GFF Brokers (I think that's the same as Ironbeam), I don't see them listed on the chart, do you know if their data feed supplies historical as well as stock data for NT8?

Comment

GFF Brokers is a CQG-based broker that would provide futures data. Certain restrictions apply and you may or may not be eligible. Please contact my colleagues on the Platform Sales team directly via email to discuss your brokerage options in more detail:

PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post poeds
          by poeds

Started by chbruno, Yesterday, 04:10 PM
          1 response