Collapse

manually placed volume profile (drawing tool) is not selectable on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patric, indicators do work as intendent. What does not is selection of a OFVP drawing object, not the indicator. I cannot resize/select/click on the drawing object if it is placed on top of OFVP indicator and in chart settings "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" is disabled.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-10 10_02_08-Chart - NVDA 3 min.png
Views:	102
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1185050
    How can I resize OFVP drawing object if I cannot select it because it looks like ZOrder is wrong? When I do my analysis, I resize drawing objects. All other drawing objects can be selected if they are placed on top of OFVP indicator.

Comment

With "Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series" disabled, you've purposefully disabled the ability to select the data series or indicators with a left-click. You'll need to leave this enabled if you wish to adjust the Z-order of all objects on your chart. You could then select the data series or other objects and set their Z-order to be behind the drawing object. Once the drawing object is 'on top' of the other objects, you'll be able to select it.

Comment

Patric, I do not want to select indicators or chart series. I disable it on purpose so I do not delete indicators by mistake. Why do I need to select chart series on a chart???
        I want to select ONLY drawing objects that I put manually, like trend lines, and volume profile. Now, like you suggest how do you imagine I will be doing it in real time when every second is a decision making??? If ZOrder would be fixed, where would be no problem. What you are suggesting is a work around to the problem. It does not work for active traders as I am. Can it be fixed???

Comment

To clarify, the setting and all of these things are working as we intend them to work. What I suggested is not a work-around, but is the solution to the issue you're having. We could submit a feature request to change the expected behavior, but it is unlikely to be implemented. I'd recommend following the steps for a day to see what if any negative issues occur. Keep in mind that you can restore the last saved version of your workspace by shutting down NinjaTrader and choosing 'No to all' when prompted for saving, then restarting NinjaTrader.

Comment

Patric,
            It is a BUG in selection, not in functionality of the indicator. Look, all other drawing objects (not indicators) have a correct ZOrder, except OFVP drawing object (not indicator). This is what I'm trying to point out. There is no problem with functionality of indicator or drawing object itself, problem is in SELECTION of drawing object placed on top of OFVP indicator. How is it not a bug??? How come I can select any other object except OFVP? It is a bug and I suggest to pass it dev team to take a look. It is only needed to assign a correct ZOrder for OFVP drawing object in its script and problem solved. I would do it myself if I would have that code. It is 1 minute fix and we are all happy.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5424. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-12-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Patrick!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post gm7_forum  
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                1 response