NT 8 - Change 'Tick Counter' position and style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 - Change 'Tick Counter' position and style

NinjaScriptInfo inside of 'Drawing Objects' window keeps resetting when price ticks, after I change the position and style and choose Apply.
    I want to change the position, color and style of the tick counter indicator. I found how to do this in the 'Drawing Objects' window, where tick counter settings appear in the list with all the other drawn objects on my chart as 'NinjaScriptInfo' . I was wondering what 'NinjaScriptInfo' was and I realized this was controlling the tick counter style and positioning. I changed the settings to how I want them but when I choose Apply it only shows my new customized style of the tick counter for a brief moment and when the price ticks and changes, the tick counter goes back default position and style.

Hello phoenixt157,

Thanks for your post.

This is because the indicator is continuing to assert the settings of the indicator from when it was applied. Changing it in the drawing objects properties in not going to work as you have observed.

The Tick Counter indicator is fixed and does not provide the options of position, font/size, etc.

You are welcome to make a copy of the indicator and customize the code as you wish to meet your needs.

Alternatively, you can download an indicator from the NT user apps that provides the ability to select location, font/size as well as alerts.

This free indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools>Import>Ninjascript add-on..
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
    The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick reply and the info on why this was happening. Can you please reply with the the .zip file for that indicator you suggested? (https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...rtimercounter/)

I don't know if you are also aware that a lot of people are having trouble downloading any indicators with any browser from the ninjatrader ecosystem website. The green spinning wheel just pops up when the download button is clicked and nothing happens. Tried multiple browsers (google, microsoft edge, safari, firefox, etc)

Thanks very much!

Comment

Hello phoenixt157,

Thanks for your reply.

We are aware of a few users that are having difficulty in downloading and in order to resolve this for all users we will need further specific information.
          • What version of Windows are you using?
          • What web browser are you using?
          • Does this symptom persist if your clear your browser's cache?
          • What about if you use a different web browser?
          • What about after you turn off your PC, turn off your modem/router for at least 30 seconds, then restart your PC?
        If you are still unable to download, please send your responses to us directly by writing into PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com. Mark the e-mail Atten Paul, ticket # 2512591, and include a link to this thread for reference.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Paul. I've tried all of those items except for clearing my browser's cache. Will try it.
          Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes