Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ninjatrader assembly 8.0.22.0 in version 8.0.21.1 64-bit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader assembly 8.0.22.0 in version 8.0.21.1 64-bit ?

May be it's not a question for support. If not, please pass it to development team .

When trying to use BinaryFormatter for object serialization, it fails in run time looking for 8.0.22.0 assembly version.

Looking at AssemblyInfo.cs in Ninja custom project I see lines:

#if PRODUCTION
    [assembly: AssemblyVersion("8.0.21.1")]
    #else
    [assembly: AssemblyVersion("8.0.22.0")]
    #endif

My developer intuition says it is somehow related.

Another issue:
    I am using VS2015 Community Update 3 for my development.
    Intellisense warning about assembly conflicts appear as in attached snapshot.
    I disregard it, as other Intellisense warnings, not relevant for Ninjatrader environment and I don't know what is different just in ChaikinVolatility indicator.
    I don't know, is it somehow related to my previous issue.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello xTrader1,

Thanks for your post.

Our level of assistance with non-NinjaScript related C# would be limited, and I have not encountered this run time error in my tests. Could you prepare a small test script and test it in a clean environment? If the script fails in the clean environment, could you post it here so we can test on our end?

As for the warnings seen, you may find the post below helpful for hiding them.

This tip addresses two issues when using Visual Studio to edit your NT code The annoying message "The project has been changed outside the editor, do you want to reload?" (or something like that) The crazy amount of warnings (588 of 'em IIRC) Context/Background Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code only serves as a

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
    1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    3. Test the barebones script which demonstrates the runtime error.
    If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.
    For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

I look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses