Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Indicator Not Matching Charts

Good morning!
    Can we please get to the bottom of this issue?
    NinjaTrader Continuum data displays the same indicator value in both the Analyzer and Charts.
    However, the same cannot be said for other real-time external data feeds.
    IB data displays the same real-time price in both the analyzer and the charts, but not for indicator values...

Can someone PLEASE look into this issue?
    Thanks!

Based on the wording of your message, it seems that you may have reported this previously. Is that accurate? If so, could you provide a link to the previous forum post or associated ticket number? If I've interpreted your wording incorrectly, please ignore this preface.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • What version of TWS/Gateway
    • Can you elaborate further on exactly what Market Analyzer indicator columns you're comparing to a chart indicator?
    Please provide screenshots of the discrepancy you're describing:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Ok.
      Thanks Patrick..
      I figured out the answer.
      The values align when the number of days to load is equal or greater than the indicator period. In the interest of speed, I would load a 60minute chart with a 13 period VWMA and load only 3 days back, cos with 8 hrs of equity data, one should get 18 bars of 60 Min data in 3 days....but the values were still incorrect for some reason; Now the number of days back that I load is set to 30 and I so far am not looking at periods greater than 21 on any time frame...so so far so good. I tried to load 7 days back with a 21 period Stochastics and the Market Analyzer had a value of 90.8, while the charts had 90.85, so I still with keeping both days to load and period the same...

Please feel free to investigate this phenomenon yourself. TWS Build 972.1x, Feb 20, 2020
      Attached Files

Comment

I get identical values for VWMA on a chart and as a Market Analyzer columns when connected to Interactive Brokers as long as I ensure that the following are identical:
        • Instrument
        • Period
        • Interval
        • Days to load
        • Trading hours
        • Calculate
        https://www.screencast.com/t/FTBDCcrYIm98

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM