help with Ninjatrader 8 on parallels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with Ninjatrader 8 on parallels

Hi am setting u nt8 on my MacBook Pro 2017, OS Catalina 10.15.4 and parallels 15.3.1. I have everything set up and using a demo account for now. the company I work with sent me a back up file nt8bk with their stuff on it so I can just get in, but when I load it on step 5 of 5 it gives me an error and you can see the error on the pic I attached. maybe its because I'm not on windows and it didn't download all the files I guess. maybe somebody from support could try to send me the folder I have in documents named Ninjatrader 8, with all the tools and stuff. or I don't know what would be the problem. everything else works fine.

Parallels needs to be adjusted prior to NinjaTrader installation in order for items to function without issue. Please uninstall NinjaTrader then follow the steps below:

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
    1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
    2. Press the "Configure" button on the top
    3. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
    4. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
    5. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
    After following these steps, reinstall NinjaTrader.

You may also want to reach out to the 'company' that sent you the backup files in case they have any special considerations that need to be accounted for when using a virtual Windows machine on a Mac.

Comment

Hi Patrick! thank you very much that did indeed help! and I thought there was no solution! the firm said for MacBooks there is another option called Trading View. but since most guys there use ninja trader Id like to use it too so hopefully I will get it working properly.
      sending you screens of another errors I got after reinstalling. I was able to import the backup file successfully but now it wont let me login with my demo account. It did let me in before.
      to be exact, I am starting trading and I'm still in learning process so for now I only have the demo and later I will get the license key from my firm.

Check the screenshots bellow.

Comment

The connection error seems unrelated to anything we've spoken about so far. Please write in via email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and include your demo username and password for testing on our end.

Comment

Good afternoon, I have a problem trying to install OFA application on my computer. I use an Imac with Parallels, windows10 and Ninja 8. Before installing Ninja 8, I configured Parallels so that no windows folder could be shared with Mac. I reinstalled Ninja8 but the OFA application does not give me the option to authenticate my necessary username and password for everything to work properly.

Ninja 8 gives me the error seen in the photo and I don't know what else I can do. Could you help me?

Comment

Hello Rod En,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that we are unable to provide support directly for NinjaTrader running on a MAC device.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
            • Close all running applications.
            • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
            • Reboot your PC.
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes