Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback CPU usage

Hello,
    I'm currently running Playback101, on one instrument ( CL 09-18 ) in order to test a strategies accuracy however what I am noticing is that this simple test uses a LOAD of my CPU (70% or more) non-stop. It did not do this is NT7. What has changed why is it so bogging down now?
    Is there a way I can improve this?
    Is this a known issue?
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Is anyone else NOT having this problem? if you're not, would you please describe your CPU usage and what type you have.

Thank you.

Hello SBMT17,

One thing to note is that NinjaTrader 7 runs in single thread.

This means on a 4 core machine NinjaTrader will max out at 25%. On a 2 core machine at 50%. etc.

To ensure you have a 1 for 1 comparison, please take the steps below to ensure the same thing is tested in NT7 as NT8 using the SampleMACrossOver which uses minimal resources.
    • Close all open workspaces and open a new workspace.
    • Open a single new chart with no template applied and no indicators applied.
      -Ensure TickReplay is disabled in the Data Series window if available
    • Connect to the Playback connection
    • Enable the SampleMACrossOver included with NinjaTrader and play at 1x.

Does this reproduce the behavior?
    What is the CPU usage (of just NinjaTrader 8 not the entire CPU) you are seeing with the SampleMACrossOver in NinjaTrader 8?

Do the same test in NinjaTrader 7. (Close all workspaces, open a new workspace, new chart, connect Market Replay, enabled SampleMACrossOver)
    What is the CPU usage (of just NinjaTrader 7) you are seeing with the SampleMACrossOver in NinjaTrader 7?

Below is a link to a video that I have demonstrated on how this appears on a test machine.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. It's working correctly now and I do appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by SBMT17 View Post
        Hello,
        I'm currently running Playback101, on one instrument ( CL 09-18 ) in order to test a strategies accuracy however what I am noticing is that this simple test uses a LOAD of my CPU (70% or more) non-stop. It did not do this is NT7. What has changed why is it so bogging down now?
        Is there a way I can improve this?
        Is this a known issue?
        Is anyone else having this problem?
        Is anyone else NOT having this problem? if you're not, would you please describe your CPU usage and what type you have.

Thank you.
        What cpu are you using?

For max performance

Close all nt8 workspaces that are not being used. Do not let any behind in that unclosed state.

Running more than a couple strategies should bog it down. Running a ton of indicators might. Multiple tabs is probably a problem if you have the strategy on each tab.

There is a several chart limit that you should respect.

Things were really fast in beta 6,but were wrong and produced bad results (trades didn't close until months later),could run 4 strategies without penalty on many tabs and contracts. It was fun to a point (incorrect results were close).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post spwizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238