Sometimes ATM strategies don't attach TP and stop loss orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes ATM strategies don't attach TP and stop loss orders

Sometimes ATM strategies don't attach TP and stop loss orders, sometimes they do.. .this is with an ATM chosen. The atm is not changed.. just sometimes when a market order is opened they get attached, sometimes they don't. How do I fix this?

I'm using a ninjatrader rithmic demo login

Hello NinjaCustomer.

Thanks for your post.

We would need a bit more information about what may be causing this. Can you reproduce this or let me know the last time it happened so I can check it out in your log and trace files?

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2515033 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sure I can reproduce this.. if I make 10 trades at least some of them will have this problem. i had to reinstall ninja though just now so i don't have my trace files for now, I'll zip them next time

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested this on the ES 06-20 using a Rithmic connection and ChartTrader 10 times and all entries sent out the ATM strategies as expected on my end.

I'll look forward to your files when you find it occurring again.

Comment

Just my 2 cents - on Rhitmic - when using Market orders - works as expected.
          Reverse button reverses trade but doesn't attach stop/target order.
          ATM Limit orders - order get filled but they don't attach stop/target orders to trade.
          Using Shark Indicators with Rhithmic - Market order gets places but stop/target don't get attached, and also I see that order has status "Pending" and position not getting tracked.

in NT7 all works fine, but in NT8 - having issues with Rithmic on Rithmic Demo account.

If I use Rithmic connectivity but placing trades against NT8 SIM101 account - then I have NO issues at all. All issues are coming up when using Rithmic DEMO account in NT8.

Thanks
          Last edited by music_p13; 04-21-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

We would want to take a close look at this behavior.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2515033 ATTN Marco

We look forward to resolving your inquiry.
            Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, will do as time allows, but additionally - I just verified that on NT8 version 20.1 it works better than 21.0. On 20.1 ATM strategy works most of the time (for market and limit orders), except when I perform "Reverse" a few times in a row - then after 2nd or 3rd time Reverse only reverses position but doesn't attach Stop and Target orders after Reverse was clicked a few times.

Comment

I have sent trace/log - sample MA cross strategy with addition of stop/target didn't work on Rithmic SIM account while it works perfectly in SIM 101 account. Please see attached strategy to run on SIM 101 and then on Rithmic PaperTrading account

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Update - actually both version 20.1 and 21.0 of NT8 work similarly when it comes to ATM. When I tested SMA strategy - it behaves similarly in both version of NT8 (doesn't put target/stops for Rithmic in both versions of NT8), and even worse - will take only first 2 trades, then will not take anymore trades.

Thanks for looking into this issue with Rithmic.

Comment

I was having the same issue today (no stops or targets getting placed). Also my bar timer on a 1 min chart is not working but the timer on a 15 min does work.I sent in the log and trace files.

Comment

Hello wcalem,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue as mentioned above. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2515033 (wcalem) ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
                        Hello wcalem,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue as mentioned above. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2515033 (wcalem) ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Has there ever been an update to this issue? we are experiencing the same issues..... Thanks

Comment

Hello mlarocco,

Thank you for your post.

If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Please reach out to us at support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the following information:
                          • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.
                          • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
                          • Please include 'ATTN Spencer' in the Subject line.
                          Then please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so we may investigate this matter further.
                          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                          Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                          2 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post BarzTrading  
                          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes