Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic Closing via Chart Trader sometimes reverses positions

connected to a Rithmic demo TopStep account

When I try to close Rithmic position by clicking the chart trader close button, and waiting for it to close - so i click close again at least once possible several times.. and then a trade opens in the other direction.. I definitely didn't click reverse, that button is to the left. of the close button and I didn't move the mouse. Why does it do that?

This has happened more than once.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Do not ever press the close button more than once. If the close button does not function as expected, contact your broker's orders desk immediately. Clicking the close button multiple times can result in an unwanted position.

The close button relies on the last known position to take action. If you press the close button rapidly or if something has prevented NinjaTrader from receiving an update about your position, what you've experienced can occur.

Comment

can I make it have an audible sound or something so I know it's been clicked?

or have it flash or something? something that I can easily see that a click has been registered

Can I use keyboard shortcuts instead and press those more than once?

will i see immediately somewhere in one of the windows - like orders or executions that I clicked something?

Comment

There is no way by default to have any sort of audio of visual alert of when the close button is pressed other than the Control Center's Log tab.

Keyboard shortcuts are effectively the same as clicking on the button. It doesn't matter how you activate the button - activating the button more than once via any input method can result in undesired orders/unwanted positions.

Comment

is there a way to detect if it was clicked programatically? I mean can I write some kind of indicator or something that can detect it? so that I can make it play a sound ?

Comment

Yes, you could access this programmatically. Please start a new topic in the NinjaScript sub-forums and/or email us if you need assistance with the NinjaScript.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaCustomer View Post
              connected to a Rithmic demo TopStep account

When I try to close Rithmic position by clicking the chart trader close button, and waiting for it to close - so i click close again at least once possible several times.. and then a trade opens in the other direction.. I definitely didn't click reverse, that button is to the left. of the close button and I didn't move the mouse. Why does it do that?

This has happened more than once.
              can this happen with CQG as well?

Comment

Yes, this can happen with any order routing technology.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED
                by WHICKED

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes