Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader Continuum Demo: question regarding simulation of fees and commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Continuum Demo: question regarding simulation of fees and commissions

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else, I could not find the correct information. I am a beginner trader and I've been shopping around for platforms. Due to simplicity and certain design options, for my purposes, I'm 99% settled for this platform (NinjaTrader). For the first few days, while trading (demo), I did not realize that commissions and fees were not being accounted for. So, in the Account Properties, I set up "Commissions" to be "NinjaTrader Brokerage Direct" (Free), and "Risk" to "NinjaTrader Broker Default." After that, it started to charge me for every trade, so I believe some of that is taken care of.

My questions are:

1. Are those commissions and fees in the Demo now exactly the same that I would have to pay if I were to open a personal trading account and used the free version of the software?

2. If I decide to trade futures and Forex, will I need to do anything else, such as figure out a different broker (with different commissions?), or will NinjaTrader just work that same as it is working for me now during the demo?

Again, very new to day trading here, but have some years experience investing into stocks, just not with these platforms or forms of brokerage. Just trying to get all the information beforehand to figure out if this is a decision I can make in the near future.

Cheers
    G

Hello gusheidner,

Thank you for your post.
    1. The commission templates that re pre-defined within NinjaTrader should at least give you a close estimate of the commission rates that will be charged for live trading. The commission fees for live trading are publicly available at the link below. I would suggest using this as a resource to understand the commission fees for live trading:
      https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ommissions.pdf
    2. You would need to open a separate account in order to use NinjaTrader for sport forex trading. That being said, you will be able to connect to both accounts simultaneously within your installation of NinjaTrader. This will give you a seamless one-platform interface for both futures and forex trading, even if the accounts are funded through different brokers. Traders within the United States can use NinjaTrader to trade spot forex with either Forex.com or Oanda. Clients outside of the United States can trade spot forex with either FXCM or CityIndex.
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello NT,

I decided to reply to this post since it is relevant to my question. I already have a NT Futures Brokerage account and using NinjaTrader Continuum for the connection. I recently opened an Oanda Forex account. I'm not too impressed with either their desktop or web-based platforms, and I just don't care for MT4. So, I'm looking to use NT8. However, when trying to connect (https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide), I'm getting an error that I already have an NT Continuum connection open and that I cannot have two of them open at the same time. Therefore, it appears that I cannot have a workspace for futures open at the same time as a workspace with Oanda forex open. Is this the case?

I have no problem switching over to Forex.com. https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide However, when I look at my available connections when configuring, I am not seeing Forex.com. It is possible to have both a Forex.com connection and NT Futures Brokerage connection open at the same time?

I'm looking to scalp. day trade futures and trade the daily and 4 hour charts for Forex.

Thanks,
      Matt (United States based)

Comment

Hello StealthM93,

Thank you for your post.

Forex trading is supported by Oanda and Forex.com

You may want to contact Oanda directly to ensure your account has been set up for use with NinjaTrader.

You would need to open a separate account to use NinjaTrader platform to trade spot forex. NinjaTrader supports spot forex trading with either Forex.com or Oanda. You may start an account application for spot forex trading at the link below:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Christopher! That was exactly the information I was looking for and I had previously looked at that chart, just wanted to confirm.
          Cheers!
          G

Comment

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I am aware of the options for trading with NT8. My question is that will NT8 support two NinjaTrader Continuum connections at the same time, one for futures (NT Brokerage) and Forex (either Oanda or Forex.com)? If not Oanda, is does Forex.com have its own connection? If so, it was not listed as an option in my NT8 Control Panel.

Thanks,
            Matt

Comment

Hello StealthM93,

You would only be able to connect to one instance of "NinjaTrader Continuum" at a time.

Forex.com uses a different data connection for the NinjaTrader platform. This means it would be possible to connect to NinjaTrader Continuum for futures trading and Forex.com at the same time.

If Forex.com is not currently listed as an account connection option within your installation of NinjaTrader, please send an email to [email protected] and include your license key. You can access your license key from the NinjaTrader Control Center > Help > License Key.

Please do not post your license key on this forum thread.

Comment

Thank you, Christopher...That was the information I was looking to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ThomasC View Post
                  Hello StealthM93,

Thank you for your post.

Forex trading is supported by Oanda and Forex.comLet me know if I may be of further assistance.

... And FXCM ????

Regarding Oanda , a time ago only US citizens were allowed to connect to Oanda via Ninja. Was this restriction lifted ?

Comment

Hello xTrader1,

Forex.com and Oanda are only available as brokerage options for US residents. Clients outside the US can use the NinjaTrader platform to trade spot forex with either FXCM or CityIndex. If you go to the "Open Account" page and select your country, you will see the available account options based on your country:

Comment

Are you talking about live trading or demo trading either, so more detailed question is : Can I connect to Oanda demo , not being USA citizen ?

Comment

Hello xTrader1,

You would only be able to connect to US-based accounts with Oanda. You would not be able to use NinjaTrader to connect to a demo account with Oanda or an account from outside the US.

Comment

What a pity. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DanielSanMartin  
                          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                          4 responses