Strategy analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyzer

What does "fill limit orders on touch" mean? This changes my backtesting results...

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Fill limit orders on touch is going to apply to historical orders. For example, if you turn your strategy on at 9am, but had it been running at 7am, the strategy would have submitted a limit order at 2320.50, which was the low of the day and 1 contract traded at that price, its unlikely your limit order would have been filled. Thus enabling this setting would assume your strategy position was long.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I didn't understand anything....))) When I turn this parameter on, my strategy shows profits, when I turn it off, it shows losses, where is the truth?

Comment

also, where I can Download previous version of Ninjatrader?

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Historical orders wait for a "tick-through" to simulate when the order fills. When Fill Limit Orders On Touch is checked, NinjaTrader fills the limit order when the price touches without waiting for a "tick-through."

Since this changes the criteria for how orders fill, it will change the performance of the strategy.

We have a link for the last release of NinjaTrader 8 on our download page under Prior Release after you select NinjaTrader 8. Older releases are not publicly available.

Download - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

We look forward to assisting.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will soon become gray with your trading platform....)))

Comment

So, what means, if I do not turn Fill limit orders on?

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Price data will have to tick through a limit order to fill it. If the price merely touches the limit order's price but does not break through it, the limit order won't be filled.

Comment

What does it mean tick through? On the next tick or next 20 ticks? How it's calculated?

Comment

Hello U0000999,

The data point that is used to simulate the order fill will have to be at least one tick greater than the limit order's price to simulate the order fill.

Historical order fill simulations are estimated from the OHLC values of the data series the strategy is applied against. If you are not submitting orders to a single tick data series, the strategy will use the OHLC values of the next bar in the data series to create "virtual bars" to simulate how market data has moved within that bar. Those data points are then used to simulate where the order fills. One of these data points would have to be one tick greater than the limit price to fill the order.

Understanding Historical Fill Algorithm - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lFillAlgorithm

To submit orders to a single tick data series, please see the example below.

Backtesting with Intrabar Granularity - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ipt_strate.htm

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response