Collapse

Values in Optimization Results do not match Values in the Summary Pane below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Values in Optimization Results do not match Values in the Summary Pane below

I run an optimization on a simple strategy.

What I am puzzled about is that when I click on any of the Optimization Results reported in the top part of the window - I see results in the Summary Pane that are DIFFERENT from the the top pane. See the screenshot and my red marks. I selected second line which is Performance (Net Profit 31995) but in Summary it is -12690. The other values are also different.

Attached Files

Ah, I see. My strategy is testing Random Entry and your Strategy Analyzer reruns the strategy each time I select a line in the Optimization Results! My strategy generates different results each time (by design) and hence the difference.

So there is no error in NinjaTrader. However it is a bit surprising that after just running all the optimizations and having all the results you rerun the strategy each time I select the optimization result.

Comment

Same here! I'm testing a random factor and the optimization is ususable because the system re-runs the test when a line in the results is clicked, and then the result is not the same anymore!
      It's also time-consuming when a test is long. Not only do you have to wait for the first run, you then have to wait for a second run!
      I don't get this behavior.

Comment

The Support has replied in another thread of mine (which was a different issue caused by the same rerun behaviour) that they will consider changing it.

Comment

Oh, thanks for the update. Good to know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
          95 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive