Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Volume Profile drawing tool volume issues

Hi Patrick,

I am on the latest version of Ninja (8.0.15.1).

To replicate the issue as reported;

New Chart - I used CL 10-18 with Type Volume, Setting 2000
    Draw Order Flow Volume Profile on say 10 bars
    Note the volume total as shown by the profile
    Expected total would be 20,000 - what do you see?

You could also Tick the Parameter 'Show Volumes Labels" - you may see some totals (amounts) repeated several times which doesnt seem likely.

Also once drawn select and move one (either) edge of the toll and watch the totals. - Does the behavour seem correct?

I have tried this with and without Tick Replay = true

Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by rt-trader; 08-21-2018, 03:38 PM.

I've moved this to it's own post as it is unrelated to the inability to modify the chart's right-side margin when the Order Flow Volume Profile Indicator is applied to the chart.

When I follow your steps, I get a Volume Profile drawing object with about 20,000 volume (since one of the bars included was still open):

Does this seem to be specific to CL on your end? In other words, can you reproduce the issue on any other instrument?

Originally posted by rt-trader View Post
    You could also Tick the Parameter 'Show Volumes Labels" - you may see some totals (amounts) repeated several times which doesnt seem likely.

Also once drawn select and move one (either) edge of the toll and watch the totals. - Does the behavour seem correct?
    Thanks
    Rick
    I do not understand what you mean exactly by the two statements above. Could you be more specific about what chart actions I need to take to replicate what you're referring to? If possible, please include screenshots for reference.
    • To take a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Click here for instructions
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    • Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Plse see 3 images attached - all with 10 bars, Tick Replay enabled, and excluding Current Bar. In each case the volume total as displayed by the Drawing Tool does not appear to be correct (perhaps I am missing something here - I would expect that the Total would be the sum of all bars in the profile - Yes?)

In relation to the other problem I mentioned - I havent been able to reproduce, so perhaps it was an one off.

Thanks

Rick
      Attached Files

Comment

After further testing, I observe this same behavior. I agree that the sum of the volume does not match what I would expect. I have reported this the Development Team for review. The tracking number for this issue is 13118.

When this is resolved, you'll find this number in the release notes.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post LawrenHom  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade