X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart order entries - dangerous

Last night I was suddenly alerted that "ding! your order has been filled!"

And I thought, "what order?!"

So I had to scramble around through the charts I'd been looking at to find that an old sell stop was still on a chart and I didn't know and it got triggered as price came down (and of course, price instantly rebounded hard and fast causing me to loose money)

I clicked (buy mkt) thinking it was all over.. but no! because the stop was for 200 shares yet the stupid chart trader defaults always to 100 shares (uber annoying)

so I hit 'close' and finally the fire was out, two losing trades eating into my good trades. VERY EFFING ANNOYING.

If I close an order with the buttons on chart trader panel, the lines on the charts should be smart enough to disappear accordingly too.

Failing that (as I'm sure it's too much work for you)

How about some VERY CLEAR way of seeing if there are any orders left on any charts??

The other night, again I didn't know until I closed the program and it said, "are you sure? you still have open orders?" wth!

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for your note.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As a note, you can middle mouse click on the quantity selector field in Chart Trader to designate a predefined number of contracts used as the quantity.

I have forwarded your feedback to our development team for consideration in an upcoming release of NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Though my solution takes a small bit of screen real estate, I've found it to be foolproof IF I look at it. I always keep TWO Account Data windows open: one on the "Order" tab, and one on the "Position" tab. That way, I can see if I have pending orders or positions that I may have forgotten that are still lurking in the weeds somewhere out there.

Comment

Thank you but it seems Ninjatrader is ALWAYS about workarounds and temp solutions but NEVER about actually fixing huge glaring errors and problems and actually making a top-tier charting platform.

It may look nice with it's fancy colors etc but its quite a useless charting package in reality, certainly for trading stocks.

Or so I am finding out anyway after purchasing it.....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh