X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMERGENCY HELP - Dell BIOS update

Now I have no connection to my live account

Need it ASAP

If Dell did a BIOS update, I suspect your Machine ID has changed.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please copy and paste your license key into your platform by going to the Control Center > Help > License key (if you don't have your key, contact us via email - PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com)

Additionally, once you have added your License key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK. If you do not have this information, please contact your broker directly.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Comment

the license key is in there, no info has changed, its green light connected to IB... but only the Sim101

I need my live account.

whats a 3rd party ad-on????

Comment

We cannot provide your license key or any other sensitive account information via the forums.. Please contact us via email so we may provide your license key.

A third party add-on is software that is not native to NinjaTrader. If you're not sure what I am referring to then that portion of my response likely doesn't apply to you.

Comment

obviously.

I've done it myself.... problem fixed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM