Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look back period

good afternoon.

how can i see my extended lines [F4] on different time intervals chart without having to increase the [days to load] period because every time i do that the system crashes. also wood like to note that the problem is with the extended lines only.

thanks

I would not expect that increasing the days to load would inherently cause any crashes. Can you give me a practical example from your end so that I may better understand what you're running into? Tell how to build a chart similar to yours then the steps I would need to follow to cause the crash.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Patrick

as you can see. the blue extended line shows on the left margin of the 30 min and 1 min charts.

Comment

The fix for this is to increase the days to load on your lower timeframe charts. In general, a chart needs to have data that encompasses all of a drawing objects 'anchor points' for it to show appropriately. What you're displaying is expected.

Can you elaborate further on how you can cause issues by increasing the days to load on your charts? What is the current days to load? What do you attempt to increase it to when issues occur?

Comment

stalled when increased to 1000 days to load. also i wonder why it does it to the extended line [F4] and not other drawings like the horizontal line or the Fibo's.

thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

The drawing objects that are affected by this would completely depend on where the 'anchor points' are for those objects. I suspect objects that are not affected by this have anchor points that your lower time frame charts can "see".

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
            • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
            • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
            • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
            • Can you recreate this symptom on a new chart with no templates or indicators if you incrementally increase the days to load? Increase at 100 day increments (i.e. start at 5, then 50, 100, 200, etc.) to see if there is a 'tipping point'.

Comment

I am using version 8.0.21.1 64-bit
              and connected to my Ninja continuum
              I did not receive errors
              on a plain chart with no indicators, it takes a few seconds to load. tipping point is around 300 days maybe

Comment

To clarify, you can reproduce this on a chart with no templates or indicators if you increase days to load past 300? This would still be unexpected behavior that i cannot reproduce - I suspect there is some other element of your configuration that is contributing to this symptom.

To investigate further, please send me your workspace, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred:
                • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace Files and UI settings'.
                • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2523215 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred