Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Computers shared ninjascripts

Hello All,
    Im wondering how I can go about sharing NT between two computers. I wouldnt be trading on both simultaneously. But I would like to share the same ninjascript files. I know about the export function. But i would prefer a live sync.
    I tried relocating the Documents folder to my NAS but NT didnt like it. I wonder if I could use Onedrive?

Any ideas.
    Thanks.

Hi Rastus, OneDrive should work to create an environment where you synchronize a folder on your computer with a master folder on a server or "in the cloud". I do use OneDrive and sync two computers and two phones. Works ok. There is a product called GoodSync. It lets you control the folder to folder replication, even to a mapped drive on a server. Here's an affiliate link which you are welcome to use Google to find it. https://www.goodsync.com/download/af...etup-morrn.exe
    I use GoodSync make a live backup of my Documents. Personal license is $25/yr. They also have a free version.
    Last edited by morrnel; 04-25-2020, 01:00 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Originally posted by morrnel View Post
      Hi Rastus, OneDrive should work to create an environment where you synchronize a folder on your computer with a master folder on a server or "in the cloud". I do use OneDrive and sync two computers and two phones. Works ok. There is a product called GoodSync. It lets you control the folder to folder replication, even to a mapped drive on a server. Here's an affiliate link which you are welcome to use Google to find it. https://www.goodsync.com/download/af...etup-morrn.exe
      I use GoodSync make a live backup of my Documents. Personal license is $25/yr. They also have a free version.
      Thanks Morrnel,
      Have you used this technique with Ninjatrader?

I went down the NAS route, trying to sync a common folder to both computers. But i had trouble with machine id's.
      I settled on the Export/Import function.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Rastus,

Please note, that cloud syncing services can lock files and cause NinjaTrader to freeze, crash, or have undesired behavior.
        I cannot load the platform today but receive the message as per the screenshot. No other program is running concurrently. Help please?

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ChelseaB,

The export/import function is sufficient for what I need.
          Thankyou.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          10 responses