Alt + Shift + Scroll wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alt + Shift + Scroll wheel

Is there a way to default the charts on top of any drawings ?
    At the moment the SMA's are behind the charts.
    using the Alt + Shift + Scroll wheel to bring the chart series to the front is great, but it never seems to stay in front ?

First, to change the Z-order of your chart objects, only SHIFT+Scroll wheel is necessary. ALT is not part of the Z-order hot key command.

I would expect that once you've adjusted the Z-order of your data series to be in position 1, it would be 'on top' of all other chart objects. Are you reporting that this 'works' for a period of time then doesn't at some point? If so, could you elaborate further on what is changing from a working to non-working state? Is it possible to purposefully create this symptom?

Comment

Thanks Patrick
      yes after a period of time - assume redrawing of objects the charts get hidden by the drawings

Comment

Is it possible for you to create this symptom purposefully? If so, what steps are you taking?

If you create a new chart with no templates or indicators then draw a built in horizontal line, are you able to observe the same symptom?

Comment

Hi Patrick

Of course - I will post this again tomorrow morning.
          Note Lines / boxes behind chart series

Regards
          Kim

Comment

Please also clarify - are these drawing objects global or local? Global objects will appear on all charts of that same instrument. Here is an example from my end:

Comment

Thanks Patrick - so this appears to be a global issue - if the drawings are global, there is no way to default a chart series to the top, is that the suggestion ?

Comment

No, I was asking so that we could determine if global or local mattered in the symptom. Are you reporting that the symptom has occurred again on this new chart? Are any/all of your objects global?

Comment

So the problem seems to be happening globally. and yes the objects are global. It is also happening on multiple timeframes for the same chart - so Daily / 240m / weekly etc
                  Swapping to another symbol and back again puts the data series at the back of of the layers (assume a re-draw) - even on a single chart

Comment

So you must change instruments in order to cause the symptom? Please list out bullet-point steps that I may use to reproduce the symptom as it still isn't clear what exact steps are being taken.

Also, I assume that local drawing objects do not experience this symptom? If you haven't tried this yet, please test with local objects and let me know the results.

Comment

Global drawing - box - on chart
                      Switch to another currency pair
                      Go back to original currency pair - drawing covering chart.
                      I dont use local objects, so havent tested this.

Comment

As an aside ... Global drawing - box - on chart
                        Switch to another timeframe
                        Go back to original timeframe - drawing covering chart.
                        I dont use local objects, so havent tested this.

Comment

Making a draw object global means that the object would be redrawn and thus the z-order reset to its default.

With that said, I can see that this would be a useful and desirable. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2659. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-07-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response Patrick - appreciate the FR request. However I would challenge that this is not a feature request it is a bug.
                            Changing the time frame on a currency symbol or the swapping between pairs should not re-order drawings.
                            The constant reset of the z-order when not requested or intentionally actioned is a bug.
                            It was intentionally set by me ... and then reset by NT.
                            This is reproducible and nonsensical.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed this onto the Development Team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NRITV
                              by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes