Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market analyzer

Hello-

New to market analyzer--sorry up-front for the simple question.

I'm trying to scan for stocks using Kinetick EOD.

Regarding 'trading hours', what is the correct choice considering I plan to scan after hours using 1 day timeframe and larger?

Any other tips you can pass along are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello imalil,

Thank you for your note.

Trading hours are not going to apply to data series of daily or larger. With the Kinetick EOD you will be given the high/low/close/and open of each day, trading hours only apply to intraday data.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I hate to have to keep asking questions about this thing, but I don't have a choice.

First, how do you remove an instrument list from a template? I want to remove all instruments and save it as a different template, but I only see an option to remove one row at a time.

I made an indicator with 5 plots, tested, they all work. I put a large-100 or so-list of stocks in the MA. Configured all the columns with 3 timeframes I'm interested in, 1, 3, 9 day.

I start Kinetick EOD, it takes a very long time to finish its work, and while it's working it goes in and out of 'not responding', my charts flash, disappear, come back, stuff like that. It sure doesn't feel like normal behavior.

After it's all done, I have no data. All cells are blank, just like they started.

Is there a limit to the number of instruments? To the size of the timeframes? Do the number of look back days need to be the same among all the timeframes? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Imalil,

Instruments are not saved to a market analyzer template, they are saved to a market analyzer window. You have to remove line by line, or open a new one which will not contain the instruments.

You could see the following on Market Analyzer Templates,

I would expect loading 100 instruments to a Market Analyzer upon start up to take a few moments to pull the data, run the calculations, and display the data.

If you open a market analyzer window with just 1 instrument window, you should see the same behavior when connected to Kinetick EOD. Since Kinetick EOD supplies EOD data, I would not expect to see cells populated as its delayed data.

There is no limit to number of instruments, you can read more about limits at the following link,

Comment

Hello, Alan-

Thanks for the reply. I'm following the rules regarding loading indicators, applying triggers, but I'm not getting any values.

Are you saying that no matter what I do, I won't see any values in the cells of 1 day and bigger timeframes when using Kinetick EOD? Meaning I can't scan for stocks using Kinetick EOD?

As a test, I loaded a list of stocks, loaded only RSI daily and Last price.

After hours, I started Kinetick EOD. It loads for several minutes, not responding, charts disappear and reappear.

When it finishes, all I have are 3 dots "..." in the RSI column next to every stock. No numbers. The Last price column is completely blank.

I have no interest in using market analyzer on intraday timeframes.

How can one see the end of day values of certain indicators in order scan for stock candidates?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello imalil,

I pull up a market analyzer window, apply 1 stock and do not see values when connected to Kinetick End of Day. You need real time data for the Market Analyzer.

To use the market analyzer you should look into a live data feed, you may consider,

Otherwise you could manually loop through your instrument list on a chart and check for conditions, as charts do not require real time data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes