Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Playback freezes after choosing a start time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Playback freezes after choosing a start time.

I bought a new new computer and installed NT8 today.
    So yes NT8 is current.

The main reason I bought the new PC was because the GPU and CPU we way out of date and market replay would never work for me...always froze up.

I was told by nt8 tech that it was because of my slow PC hardware. So I just got a PC with a

GTX 1660 GPU
    Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
    8Gb of Ram
    and a 500 gig SSD

And I STILL can't use market replay because it freezes up when I chose a date or time.

I have not been able to use market replay since i bought my lifetime membership...almost 2 years!

Can someone please fix this already?

When it freezes, the play box stays greyed out...never goes back to normal, no matter how long i leave it alone for. I have to disconnect for it to go away.

Comment

You mention that you spoke with us previously about this symptom. Do you recall when that was most recently and what the name of the technician was? Did you post on the forums or did you contact us via email?

Please answer these general questions:
      • Are you using Historical Playback or Market Replay data?
      • What instrument, expiration, date, and time are you attempting to replay?
      • If you right-click within the Replay Controller and select "Show available Data", does this instrument, expiration, date, and time appear as available? Market Replay works if you have downloaded or recorded market replay data.
      • Please click here for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      Can you reproduce this symptom in safe mode? So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
      • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
      • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
      • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
      • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
      Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to the playback connection then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues. What happens at this step?

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

I believe I spoke to support 2 times about it. I think it started with a forum post. this was a long time ago. As I said before, this has not worked for me since I got nt8.

1. I'm using market replay data.
        2. ES 6-20 is the instrument. When I just turn on the playback connection, the play box works, does not let me chose any date. When i press play without loading replay data, it shows that it is playing but nothing is happening on the charts. BUT when I load replay data and i try to choose a date or time it does not let me and it stays frozen.
        3. It does not let me right click most of the time.
        4. I did not see no errors.
        5. I used safe mode and it would let me chose a date and time but the charts wouldnt move.

Is there a way someone can take control of my pc and fix this?

I just want to practice trading with market replay, historical or whatever. Unless I'm doing something wrong...I dont know.

Comment

Here's the steps i take to try to replay data....

1. I go to tools, historical data, load, get market replay data
          2. I enter ES as the instrument, then I chose feb 3rd and click download.
          3. I go to connections and enable playback connection.
          4. I try to change the time and it freezes.

Comment

If you'd like assistance via remote/phone support, please reach out to us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Make sure to include a link to the forum post and reference "2527477" so that the technician who answers your email will have the context of this conversation that we've had.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus
            by Kaledus

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes