Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade only provides equities and indices to NinjaTrader currently:

Comment

Has there been any progress with this issue with IB chart load speeds? I just bought the program. Loving the interface but the chart times for me are unusable. I will have to ask for a refund if I cannot make this work with IB.

Comment

Originally posted by sfmexp198 View Post
        Has there been any progress with this issue with IB chart load speeds? I just bought the program. Loving the interface but the chart times for me are unusable. I will have to ask for a refund if I cannot make this work with IB.
        I just went through the same experience, and unfortunately ended up giving up on NinjaTrader, even though I love the interface . It doesn't work well with IB, and even after giving Kenetick a try to get faster data, I still had other very serious issues and problems that made me re-think trading with NinjaTrader and IB. I think the only way to make it work is to use Ninjatrader brokerage which I would gladly try, except for the fact that I trade equities as well as futures, and they do not offer equities (yet). Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sfmexp198 View Post
          The current limitation is with the API that Interactive Brokers provides. They effectively throttle how much data can be requested which limits what third party applications like NinjaTrader are able to do to mitigate slow loading.

For any other users that may be reading this thread, please keep in mind that NinjaTrader is always free to use with any supported data provider. We only charge for the platform if and when you decide you'd like to trade live with a supported broker, I encourage you to test out NinjaTrader in simulation before deciding on whether or not the platform will work best for you needs.

Comment

Patrick, I think maybe the issue is a disconnect between a fair assumption that your company has: which is that people who try NT can try it with their providers and will...And the reality, which is most likely very different: In my case, and I suspect many others, I didn't have an IB account when I tested NT. I used the provided Continuum data feed. My goal was to test the software and its features, not the data feed, which in today's world, I, which I wrongly assumed, would be similar to continuum or other providers I have accounts with, such as TD and Tradestation. In 15+ years trading, I never had to worry about data feed, it is not even something I think about. So I think it's fair to say, that the assumption is that the data feed would be on par with any previous experience and maybe not something a lot of people have in their mind when testing an app. In my case I opened an IB account once I decided to go ahead and buy NT. If I buy a new sport car, I am going to assume it's going to be fast and responsive with any gasoline from any gas stations...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AnnBarnes, Today, 12:17 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AnnBarnes  
            Started by Lopat, 03-05-2023, 01:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Sam2515