Set Alarm for price level touch with a Shortcut Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Alarm for price level touch with a Shortcut Key

Is it possible with a stroke of a key to set an alarm for particular stock?
    I basically manually monitor over 20 stocks (I use MarketWatch window as a "database" of stocks) and I'm looking for particular setups that can happen somewhat very quick. I really need something that will grab my attention when a price of any of those stocks touches a particular price level (for each stock its own price level). The ultimate best would be on a chart window to place a horizontal line and an alarm at the same time with a shortcut key.

It is not possible to apply an alert via hot key. In general, there is no concept of alert templates. Can you elaborate on what the 'shortcut key' you're referring to does in this scenario - "place a horizontal line and an alarm at the same time with a shortcut key"?

Comment

I think a picture will worth 1000 words:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-28 12_51_07-Market Watch - Tech.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	738.7 KB
ID:	1097072

Then I go to the next stock, analyze, set levels, etc. Sometimes I miss signals because I was looking at another stock. Right now I have to write down on a paper stocks and levels. I thought NT team can do something about it.

Comment

So essentially you'd like a horizontal line to automatically have a price line alert. I suspect the 'Price Alert' add-on on our publicly available NinjaTrader Ecosystem website will meet most of your needs:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
        Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
        • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Thanks, but this will not work - it does not "save" alert per symbol. When I click on another stock in Market Watch all my charts are reloading. But Price Alert indicator stays with the same value.

Comment

What you're suggesting would be possible with manually configured alerts on your horizontal lines, however, I suspect this would take too much time to meet your needs.

This would also be possible using custom NinjaScript programming. If you'd like more information about how to program this yourself or third party developers who could program this for you, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Can it be considered as a feature request? I think for active traders this will be very helpful. Would be nice to have an "Alert Window" with all alerts for each stock being set.

Comment

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1988. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-07-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

awesome!!! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
                  2 responses