Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Impossible Trading the DOM with Market Replay Updating once per second video included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible Trading the DOM with Market Replay Updating once per second video included

NOTE: NT8 users, please add a comment to add your name to the "feature request"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that when in market replay mode, the data updates once per second.

As a DOM trader that makes it 100% impossible to practice trading.

As DOM traders we need to see the true price action on the DOM

Why?

The price moves smoothly in real time which allows us to see every order that hits the bid or lifts the offer. which makes it possible to time our entries and exits.

I wrote about this before, but now i'm showing you and everyone else with video to make it very clear how huge of a problem this is.

30 second video clips

VIDEO 1: DOM in real time live: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OF__2a7TJrdFeZ3_2A4w6L-pmmnri_B0

VIDEO 2: DOM in market replay mode: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dU...3b9NopqLz3BNOF

Now tell me, is trading in the environment of video 2 possible?

High or low volatility does not matter. all the same, can not trade it.

Adding my name to a feature request is pointless because this is NOT a feature. it's common sense. Every other trading platform that has market replay moves normal, in real time. (once per second is NOT REAL TIME)

Why don't I use another platform? Because I already paid for a lifetime membership with NT.

What can be done about this...other than waiting years for a "feature" to get added?

Can you send this post directly to the developers? If not I will find out how to contact them myself by phone or email.

This is a serious issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: NT8 users, please add a comment to add your name to the "feature request"
    Last edited by Johnny Santiago; 04-28-2020, 11:07 AM.

Hello Johnny Santiago,

Thank you for your post.

We've previously recorded a vote for you on SFT-2099 for this request. I have passed your additional information on to the developers.

Every feature request is reviewed by our developers. However, other factors than client vote go into whether a feature request is fufilled and we cannot guarantee that any particular request will be added to the platform.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. Now what? Wait until ninja trader 9? This is frustrating.

Comment

Hello Johnny Santiago,

Thank you for your reply.

I have no further updates on the status other than your feedback has been passed on to the development team and they will review it. We cannot give an ETA on any particular request.

Comment

this makes the Playback unusable when trying to reply on the ES contracts using a Volumetric chart (Order Flow) the data gets aggregated by several seconds - usually the higher the volume is in a given period the longer the aggregation. Please note that the data reply is showing different picture due to the aggregation with the data on the reply function? standard charts are aggregated per second whereas volumetric charts with ES contract are completely unusable with Ninja. I can share a screen recording if needed.

Comment

Hello Machi77,

I have added a vote on your behalf to SFT-2099 as well.

Comment

Please add my vote as well. Unable to even look at the DOM in playback and study the reactions at levels. I will have to start looking at other platforms. Its a shame such an advanced platform cant even have actual real time playback.

Comment

Hello neoterics,

I have added a vote for you to SFT-2099 as well.

Comment

The update per one second for dom is a bit foolish especially coming from a trading software that supports dom/futures. I've seen countless discussions on this going back years and it is still not implemented. Please get this up and running and add my vote as well. It's 2023, not the stone age.

Comment

Hello the_soloist,

Thank you very much for your message and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I have added a vote for you to SFT-2099 as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
                    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes