multiple data connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple data connections

Hello. I understand that the "primary" connection is the one you connect to first, and the "secondary" is the second one, but is there a way to see which one is primary once you're connected to both? Can you specifiy them some other way than just the order you log in? I ask because sometimes I need to disconnect temporarily from my primary source, but then to make it primary again I need to disconnect the secondary source which then terminates some of my strategies.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. In addition to connection order, Preferred data data options can be set via Tools > Options > Market Data > Preferred connections. With this, you may set the primary connection for both real-time (and historical too, if needed) so this will be used even when disconnecting > re-connecting as the second connection.

See below for managing multiple connections in NinjaTrader 8.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks. that works!

Comment

Hello,
        I know the connection-settings for multiple connections. But I'm missing some flexibility: In case, I want to use two dataproviders. Connection to both are working fine. But I can't find a field in the chartsettings to connect to the preferred stream. Here I wish to choose one of the connected datastream. Is there any possibility? Thank you.

Comment

Connections do not have chart-specific settings. The Preferred Connections settings discussed above apply to whole asset classes. For example, you could configure all forex data to come from data feed A and all futures data from data feed B. It is not possible to define a preferred connection at a more granular level than whole asset class.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7