Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception - the directory is not empty

Hi,
    since the latest update in NT8, v8.0.15.1, I am receiving an "Unhandled Exception" about every other time I do an export of a NinjaScript AddOn. NT8 then quits.

I am not doing anything different while exporting than I have done for years, always into the same folder, nothing fancy.

Here is the trace file:

2018-08-28 10:23:52:147 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2018-08-28 10:23:52:147 The directory is not empty.

2018-08-28 10:23:52:163 System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
    at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.ExportNinjaScriptViewM odel.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.<DoExport>b__0(Object x)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Thanks,
    saltminer

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your Log and Trace files so I may investigate this exception further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for sending in the files.

Please delete the contents of the 'tmp' folder under Documents\NinjaTrader 8 after shutting down the platform. Once complete please test exporting once more.

I look forward to your results of this test.

Comment

Alas, no luck.
        I did delete the tmp folder completely. It has now filled up with heaps of stuff with creation dates within the last 24 hours.
        I have just now exported some source code and it crashed again with the same "Directory not empty" message.

FYI it does successfully complete the export, creating a useful .zip file, before crashing. I do not get the usual dialogue to tell me that, though.

What is the next step?

Thanks,
        saltminer

Comment

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your response.

The next step is to ensure the proper file access is available and ensure any security or backup software is not scanning the folders when you are running Ninjatrader.

To check the Permissions of the folders please right click on the folder --> select Properties --> go to the 'Security' tab --> select 'Advanced' near the bottom --> go to the 'Permissions' tab and ensure you have the proper access available for the SYSTEM, Administrators and your user profile.

If you have completed these steps and still see the same behavior please respond to my email so we may schedule a support call with you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post mmenigma  
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes