Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic Data Feed

Hi,

Is there an issue with the Rithmic data feed? My NT8 shows connecting but nothing is coming through.

There are no reported issues with Rithmic-based connections. I am able to connect to and receive real-time data from a Rithmic-based connection without issue. We need more information to determine why you're not receiving real-time data with your Rithmic-based connection.

Answer all of these questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 09-18, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • Have you confirmed with your data feed provider that you're enabled for real-time data for the instrument(s) you're viewing?
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Hi PatrickG,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Using NT 8.0.15.0 64 bit
      2. The lower left corner of the Control Center window is yellow and shows connecting to Rithmic Data Feed.
      3. None
      4. Yes, I am enabled for live data with Rithmic.
      5. No charts yet, Untitled Workspace
      6.No error messages on the Log tab.

EDIT: Trace file shows two kinds of issues:

1. ERROR: Multiple ChartStyles with the same ChartStyleType were found. Ignoring NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.VolumetricStyl e

2. (Amp - Rithmic) Rithmic.Adapter.Alert: connectionId=MarketData alertType=ConnectionBroken pnlStatus=Connecting priceStatus=Connecting tradingStatus=Connecting
      Last edited by Zeos6; 08-28-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

The first error is referencing the fact that you have custom bar types installed that occupy the same 'slot' as the new Order Flow+ Volumetric bar type. You would need to remove this custom bar type and/or have it reprogrammed to not occupy that spot. Here is the help guide article on this topic:

The second error indicates that you lost connection at some point.

You're using a previous version of NinjaTrader 8. please update to the latest version (8.0.15.1):
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

I am not sure I understand how you know you're not receiving any data if no chart windows are open. A window which receives real-time data (like a chart) would need to be open for you to verify/see that you have incoming data.

Rithmic is a futures data provider, so if you know you have real-time data enabled, you should be able to open a futures chart (or other real-time data window) and view real-time data.

What occurs when you open an ES 09-18 1 minute chart?

Comment

Hi PatrickG

The first error is referencing the fact that you have custom bar types installed that occupy the same 'slot' as the new Order Flow+ Volumetric bar type. You would need to remove this custom bar type and/or have it reprogrammed to not occupy that spot.
          Thank you Patrick. Yes, I do have a custom bar type but its BarsPeriodType is 145 whereas your documentation shows that BarsPeriodType.Volumetric is 14. There should be no slot conflict.

The second error indicates that you lost connection at some point.
          Yes. I know that. The question is why?

You're using a previous version of NinjaTrader 8. please update to the latest version (8.0.15.1)
          I have just update and the same issue persists.

I am not sure I understand how you know you're not receiving any data if no chart windows are open. A window which receives real-time data (like a chart) would need to be open for you to verify/see that you have incoming data.
          I know because normally the dot in the lower left corner of the Control Center window is green, not yellow, indicating that a proper connection has been established. Second, if I try to open a chart, say ES 09-18, it simply hangs.

Rithmic is a futures data provider, so if you know you have real-time data enabled, you should be able to open a futures chart (or other real-time data window) and view real-time data.
          I have tested my account and Rithmic connection with NT7, R39 and it works just fine.

Comment

The error is not possible without a custom bar type accessing a slot of a built in bar type. I would suggest switching all custom bar type's 'slot' to something which is very much larger than any enum in use and also doesn't use the same first (or first and second) number. For example, 98 or 7483.

We don't know why you experienced a disconnect, however, if you're now seeing a yellow connection I would suggest doing some general connectivity troubleshooting:

To troubleshoot the connection issues, I recommend the following steps. Test after each step to see if the issue is resolved:
            • Restart NinjaTrader
            • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
            • Restart your PC
            • Clear your DNS - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
            • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
            • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
            • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions PatrickG.

I will work on the connectivity issues as suggested.

On a separate note, I am puzzled by your suggestion:
              The error is not possible without a custom bar type accessing a slot of a built in bar type. I would suggest switching all custom bar type's 'slot' to something which is very much larger than any enum in use and also doesn't use the same first (or first and second) number. For example, 98 or 7483.
              Huh? I guess I don't understand why NT cannot differentiate between an enum value 14 and enum value 145. Yes, enums are constant integer values; non uniqueness would typically result from different names for the same constant, not from different constants.

Comment

same problem here this is getting wired ---only historical data but no live data coming.

Comment

Hello ElMagoR,

Thank you for your note.

We are currently working with you on this inquiry in another thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post lorem
                  by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes