Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

restore backup failed

Dear Support
    This morning I made a safe / backup file and exported it as usual. Then I missed one workplace and re-stored a older backup 12 days ago.. This works very fine. Then I re-stored the newest backup file from this morning and following message pop-up:

NinjaTrader failed to restore the selected backup file: The process can not access the

"C: \ Users \ Markus \ Documents \ NinjaTrader8 \ bin \ Custom \ NinjaTrader.Vendor.resources.dll"

file because it is in use by another process.

Now what can I do, because if I can not restore the backup file from this morning, I will lose a lot of new indicators and Systems I created.

Hope you can help me.
    Best
    Markus

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Did you do any upgrade or downgrade of NinjaTrader 8 during the time between creating and restoring from the backup?

Does the issue persist after a restart of your PC?

Comment

Dear Patrick

8.0.15.1 64-bit

I made the update to 8.0.15.1 64-bit some days ago.

Yes, it persist after restart of the PC. I made a re-start, but no "close down". Should I Close down the PC and after waiting 1 Minute I start it new?

Best
      Markus

Comment

The same "file because it is in use by another process." occurs?

Can you clarify the exact steps you take when you're restoring from the back up file you created? Are you opening NinjaTrader > Tools > Import > Backup file? Or, with NinjaTrader closed, are you navigating to the location of the backup file and opening from the backup file itself?

Comment

yes it occurs every time I will re-store the backup file.

First I have to disconnect the data feed,

then I open NinjaTrader > Tools > Import > Backup file and search it on my Folders. Then I make a double klick on the file and it will proceeding. After all, the message I sent will pop-up.

Comment

Try the other method:
            • Shut down NinjaTrader
            • Open a Windows File Explorer and navigate to the save location of your backup file(s)
            • Double click on the backup file you want to restore from

Comment

I can open the file from his day directly from the file Explorer. Ninja Trader starts but after re-store it will Show following:

NinjaTrader failed to restore the selected backup file: The process can not access the

"C: \ Users \ Markus \ Documents \ NinjaTrader8 \ trace \ CQG.MWA_Trading.20180829.TXT" file because it is in use by another process.

It Shows a Problem from ... \ trace........

And then it opens the old backup file.

Comment

I am not quite sure I understand - was the restore successful or not?

If not, try this:
                • Shut down NinjaTrader
                • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder
                • Delete all files in this folder
                • Navigate to the save location of your backup file(s)
                • Double click on the backup file you want to restore from

Comment

no it was not successfull. I deleted all files in the "trace Folder" and after restart and restore the backup file it Shows the same message as follows:

"C: \ Users \ Markus \ Documents \ NinjaTrader8 \ trace \ CQG.MWA_Trading.20180829.TXT" file because it is in use by another process.

And curios, following message Pop up:

you are using the 32-bit Version of NinjaTrader. Based on your PC configuration, we advice that you use the 64-bit Version of NinjaTrader for optimal Performance.

But I used the 64-bit Version of NinjaTrader allready since longer time it is possible.

Comment

The message regarding the 32-bit version indicates that you're opening NinjaTrader from the 32-bit shortcut. There should be an icon on your desktop named "NinjaTrader 8 (64-bit)". If the 64-bit shortcut is no longer on your desktop, please open Windows File Explorer and go to C > Program Files (x86) > NinjaTrader 8 > bin64 > right click on NinjaTrader.exe > send to > Desktop. This will create a shortcut to the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader on your desktop.

The NinjaTrader Backup files are just a .zip file with a custom file externsion that only works with NinjaTrader. These backup files can be manually manipulated when in .zip form. The instructions are a bit complicated, but what I'd like to try is to remove the log and trace files from the backup and then see if it works.

Please contact us via the platform by sending in your log and trace files.
                    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1962779 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Patrick
                      In the mean time, I de-installed NinjaTrader 8 and installed it from new. Then I double klick the backup file directly.

It opens a window with following message:
                      you are using the 32-bit Version of NinjaTrader. Based on your PC configuration, we advice that you use the 64-bit Version of NinjaTrader for optimal Performance.

So, I did your sugestion with the go to C > Program Files (x86) > NinjaTrader 8 > bin64 > right click on NinjaTrader.exe > send to > Desktop.

It does not work anymore.

So I send the backup file by email to you as you mentioned.

Comment

Patrick

I tried to send the needed file to NinjaTrader by "E-Mail Support". It does not work, bcause a message pop up as follows:

NinjaTrader is not working anymore. Please close the application.

How can I send all "Log & Trace Files" and the backup file to you?

Thank's
                        Markus

Comment

Write an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with "1962779 ATTN Patrick G" in the subject. Include a link to this forum thread in the body of the message

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post LawrenHom  
                          Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post love2code2trade