Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge old db file to the new one

Hi Ninjatrader,

I used the "Reset DB" feature to solve a problem with my chart before and now all of my historical trade and execution is gone. I understand that it was not deleted but actually inside an old database file called "NinjaTrader.Old". I have made a few trade since the time I reset the db and if I delete the new db and rename the old one, I will get all my OLD trade back, but my NEW trade will be gone. Is there anyway to combine these two files?

Ninjatrader version 8

Hello atcslot,

Currently there is not an option to merge database files however I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for follow up. I have another quick question. My live account cash value does not automatically subtract the commission from my trade and everyday after the account is reset, it show negative balance in my Realized PnL to offset for the commission, is this by designed or anyway I can fix it?

Comment

So I may look into this further please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote to the merge database feature. I move from computer to computer then forget to move my database with me so I don't have continuity in the database. Another idea is if we can locate our database where we want, like on a file share, Amazon cloud ( google docs app for windows ) , Microsoft cloud ( best... the OneDrive works great ). Then we wouldn't have to move it or merge it at all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888