Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyser dates run are incorrect

Hi

When using the Strategy analyser the time frame could be set for 1/6/2018 to 30/06/2018 and the results when run would be 07/05/2018 to 06/06/2018. this isnt what I set for the period to run?

I have tried this several times ? why doesnt the test run for the period set for it?

Thanks

My first suspicion based on the symptoms you're reporting is that you may be missing the historical data needed to run the test. Please answer these questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Does the same issue occur if you run the same test but use the built in Sample MA Crossover strategy?

Comment

Thanks

The version I am using is 8.0.15.0

I am connected to FXCM demo

There are no error messages on screen or in the log file

I was testing this on the sample MA crrossover strategy.

I was using Market replay and have freshly downloaded 01-06-2018 to 30-06-0218

should I also download month before and after?

I tried this also connected to FXCM and not market replay and the strategy replay times were a lot closer.

Should the connections be set to a live feed while the optimiser is used?

Comment

The Strategy Analyzer window runs off of locally stored historical data. If your local database doesn't have the historical data that the Strategy Analyzer needs to complete your backtest, it will attempt to download the data from your connection.

The Market Replay connection doesn't provide any historical data. You should be connected to a connection that provides historical data.

When connected to FXCM (which can be configured to use either FXCM's or NinjaTrader's historical data servers), what are the results?

What is the interval of your backtest? for example, 1 minute, 4 Renko, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Javierw.ok  
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid