Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

FYI: How to Successfully Import CSV files of Crypto crosses (ie XXX/BTC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI: How to Successfully Import CSV files of Crypto crosses (ie XXX/BTC)

I've recently upgraded my NT8 to 8.0.21.1 64-bit. I read somewhere that 8.0.15 and above should be able to support crypto prices. Importing prices & graphing, NOT trading. I did notice that if defining instruments, tick size now supports 8 decimals (ie BTC prices). I imported lots of price history via csv. The

At the risk of repeating a thread. This was a previous Q&A thread with support, who gave answers I didn't fully understand.

As support said in the previous thread (in a roundabout way).... NT8 can support 8 decimals (has to be 8.0.15 or later I think), however "custom" crypto instruments are treated as Stocks.

When you Custom Create a crypto pair, NT8 will create BOTH Crypto category & Stock Category instruments. However what NT8 DOES NOT DO is set BOTH tick sizes to 8 decimals.
    So assuming you've created your Crypto cat pair to 8 decimals, you then need to edit the Stock category of the same name: Tick size to 8 decimals, 24 hour etc.
    Without this extra edit, all imported prices will be ZERO.

Then when you try to open a chart, the Crypto cat symbol will be there, and the correct prices will also be there. (you can check in Historical Data).

I ended up deleting my "Crypto" category instruments, keeping the Stock cat instruments, but then there were no Instruments visible under "Instrument Lists" when trying to open a chart.
    In this situation, easier just to ADD the Stock instrument into the Crypto CAT from from Instrument Lists.
    (rather than laboriously clicking Add, you can just type in the symbol, and NT8 will auto bring up a dlg searching Master Database. Choose symbol from Stocks cat.)

Hope this helps. I can imagine someone else trying to do this, hence the post.
    Screenshot shows Master List with symbol in both Cats.
    Attached Files

This is an expected symptom of creating a crypto instrument which contains a currency which is not in our supported list of currencies. As more currencies are added to that supported list, this will occur less frequently. Several new currencies, including XRP, will be added to the supported list soon.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes