Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Stops/TP orders on disconnect

Hi,

If my internet fails during a trade, and there are pending stop orders, will they stay active on the servers and execute while I'm disconnected? I just had this happen on sim account and the stop was not honored, reconnected and trade had gone south below the stop, stop executed upon reconnect at much greater loss. Thanks.

foreverforex,

Thanks for posting.

Simulated orders (i.e. submitted to the Sim101 account) would be simulated locally on your PC, so they would not be able to function in the event of a connection loss or shut down.

What happens to your live orders in the event of a connection loss or disconnection would depend on who you are connected to as well as the state the orders themselves are in. However, it is worth noting that once the platform is shut down, ATM (Advanced Trade Management) functionality would not be available. That is, the platform cannot submit or manage Stop Loss or Profit Target orders while the platform is shut down.

More information at the below link:Once Accepted or Working, however, your Stop Loss and Profit Target would adhere to the same rules mentioned in the below link for your data provider. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside.I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes