Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attach To Indicator menu items disabled

Hello,

I am using NT8 version 8.0.19.0 64-bit. I have a moving average on my chart, with other indicators. When I right-click on a submitted order and select "Attach To Indicator", both the "Enabled" and "Properties" menu items are disabled. I am using Ninjatrader brokerage. What am I missing?

Thanks!

First, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    What type of license key are you using? Simulated? Free? Leased? Purchased? Do not share your license key on the forums, however, please go to the Control Center > Help > About window and tell me what 'Licensed features' you see listed:

Comment

I have upgraded version 8.0.21.1 64-bit and am still seeing the same behavior.

I have a purchased license with these features installed:
      Core
      Trader +
      Order Flow +
      Multi Broker

Thanks for your help!

Comment

I cannot reproduce this symptom. Please watch the video below and let me know what, if anything, is different about what you're doing compared to the video:

Comment

I created my own video to show you what I am doing, but I can't seem to upload it "You are not allowed to upload files with MP4 extension".

However, I believe I am doing the same procedure you are doing in your video, but my menu items are disabled.

I was able to upload a picture though...

Comment

Does this occur if you create a new chart with no template applied?

Comment

Yes, what I uploaded was a new chart created from New -> Chart with no template. I had to add the EMA.

Comment

I am not sure what variable in contributing to this symptom on your end. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2539367 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

I don't know how, but it is now working.

I was preparing to send you the log and trace files, and to do this, I thought I should clean up some workspaces I had running mostly in the background. I cleaned them up, saved them, and closed them. Then I loaded the test workspace where I sent you the photo from. With only the test workspace loaded, I exited Ninjatrader, so that when I reopened it, it would only load the test workspace. Then when I went to recreate the issue in this "clean" environment, it worked! Furthermore, it is also now working in my regular workspace environment. If it stops working again, I will certainly send you my trace files, but I thought I would post this in case just cleaning up a few workspaces helps someone else.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes