Connecting Tradestation to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Tradestation to NT8

I have an account set up with Tradestation but prefer to use NT8 Charting. I own my license to NT8. Wondering if there is a way to connect to TS for data and trading.

Thanks

Hello sesplin,

NinjaTrader 8 can receive (and only receive) orders from TradeStation produced from an EasyLanguage script using the email AT Interface.

NinjaTrader 8 does have an API that can receive data, however, there are no supported EasyLanguage scripts for TradeStation to use the NinjaTrader 8 API.

TradeStation cannot receive data or orders from NinjaTrader.

Below is a public link to the help guide.

And a link to a video I've recorded that demonstrates.
    Demonstrates setting up TradeStation to send order to NT and NinjaTrader to receive orders from TS. http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/set_up.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello sesplin,

NinjaTrader 8 can receive (and only receive) orders from TradeStation produced from an EasyLanguage script using the email AT Interface.

NinjaTrader 8 does have an API that can receive data, however, there are no supported EasyLanguage scripts for TradeStation to use the NinjaTrader 8 API.

TradeStation cannot receive data or orders from NinjaTrader.

Below is a public link to the help guide.

And a link to a video I've recorded that demonstrates.
      https://www.screencast.com/t/fbOGv1ne4XP
      Hello,
      I read above that NT8 has an API tha can receive data from TS. Could you please advise how exactly receive data from Tradestation. Thanks

Comment

Hello fxqkz,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

​​​​​​With NinjaTrader 7, there was support for an EasyLanguage strategy named NTExternalFeed that utilizes the NtDirect.dll to send data to Ninjatrader 7.

This EasyLanguage script that is supported for NinjaTrader 7 is not supported by NinjaTrader for NinjaTrader 8 and is not distributed for NinjaTrader 8 nor is there any documentation for this for NinjaTrader 8.

If you would like to use EasyLanguage scripts to interface with NinjaTrader 8, this would be out of the realm of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support, but is possible to do.

The NinjaTrader 8 API comes in a managed dll (NinjaTrader.Client.dll) and an unmanaged dll form (NtDirect.dll) and this can be used to send data to or receive data from NinjaTrader. The unmanaged version would be needed for TradeStation.

Below is a public link to a forum post with details about the API and includes an unsupported demonstration project written in C# as well as links to the help guide with a list of available methods.

The EasyLanguage scripts and functions supported with NinjaTrader 7 used DefineDLLFunc to include the NTDirect.dll and to call methods in the NinjaTrader API from the EasyLanguage script.
        These scripts and functions may still work for NinjaTrader 8 as the API methods are basically the same, however, there is no guarantee there will not be issues that arise as this would be completely unsupported.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello fxqkz,

​​​​​​With NinjaTrader 7, there was support for an EasyLanguage strategy named NTExternalFeed that utilizes the NtDirect.dll to send data to Ninjatrader 7.

This EasyLanguage script that is supported for NinjaTrader 7 is not supported by NinjaTrader for NinjaTrader 8 and is not distributed for NinjaTrader 8 nor is there any documentation for this for NinjaTrader 8.

If you would like to use EasyLanguage scripts to interface with NinjaTrader 8, this would be out of the realm of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support, but is possible to do.

The NinjaTrader 8 API comes in a managed dll (NinjaTrader.Client.dll) and an unmanaged dll form (NtDirect.dll) and this can be used to send data to or receive data from NinjaTrader. The unmanaged version would be needed for TradeStation.

Below is a public link to a forum post with details about the API and includes an unsupported demonstration project written in C# as well as links to the help guide with a list of available methods.

The EasyLanguage scripts and functions supported with NinjaTrader 7 used DefineDLLFunc to include the NTDirect.dll and to call methods in the NinjaTrader API from the EasyLanguage script.
          These scripts and functions may still work for NinjaTrader 8 as the API methods are basically the same, however, there is no guarantee there will not be issues that arise as this would be completely unsupported.
          Hi Chelsea,

thank you for your detailed reply.
          I cant load the videos explaing the process. Links seem do not work. Do you have any links to videos explaining on how to connect NT8 to TS.
          These videos which i cant open.:
          I've also created a set of videos that demonstrate connecting.
          NTDirect.dll - https://www.screencast.com/t/I2VDPm3HE9l
          NinjaTrader.Client.dll - https://www.screencast.com/t/039r0EM6WBdi

Thanks!

Comment

Hello fxqkz,

Thank you for your response.

The hosting site for the videos requires Adobe Flashplayer to run. Please ensure you allow it to run on those links.

Comment

i've seen this topic too : https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...layed-in-chart

but i still need above videos.
              can you post videos that doesnt require adobe flash?

Comment

Hello fxqkz,

I will send a request on your behalf to our media team for these videos to be re-recorded using a system that does not use flash.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB RE-RECORD is not needed, just re-upload with media-converted software ("any video converter" or like that) is enough.
                  read this topic:

FLASH video format is obsolete, vulnerable and abandoned (dead) codec already by 2020: (wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash)) it requires users to install vulnerable codec and etc.... Why not use MP4? NinjaTrader support team should move to MP4 format i think. (in addition, might be good if you will open an

Comment

Do you enable the connection of datafeed realtime and historical from Tradestation to NT8?

Comment

Hello bomberone3,

The EasyLanguage files created by NinjaTrader for sending data to NinjaTrader is not supported for NinjaTrader 8.

The API is still capable of sending and receiving data, so this is still possible. Our team is not able to specifically support the EasyLanguage files that achieves this with NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Hi ChelseaB,
                        I am also looking to connect TS data (only) to NT 8. I don't want to place any orders or display any strategies from TS. All I want is the pure data from TS to plot on my NT8 chart. I will throw a couple of my existing NT8 indicators on the chart. I am not trading on TS nor do I need to send or receive emails etc. Purely to be able to plot say a 30 minute intraday chart of say Apple on my NT8 platform using TS data.. I trade options on Tastyworks so I will place my orders there. Please advise or explain how I can do this. i'm not a techie. Thanking you. Tony F

Comment

Hello tonyf1,

While the API is available for NinjaTrader 8 to supply real-time data to the External Data Feed, the EasyLanguage scripts for TradeStation to send the real-time data are no longer officially supported by NinjaTrader for NinjaTrader 8.

That said, many users have reported that the scripts for NinjaTrader 7 still work.

Comment

Given that TradeStation data support is going away, it might make sense to remove Tradestation from the list of "Data Provides" shown on the main page (https://ninjatrader.com/Choice).... Given that TradeStation now has REST APIs (https://tradestation.github.io/api-docs/) for data/orders, is this something that could be more formally supported in NT as a configured connection / broker? I really like building my strategies with the more powerful C# language but then to be able to run against my IB, TDA, and TradeStation accounts would be great using TradeStation data.

Comment

Hello rawwave,

I will submit a request to remove TradeStation from data providers on the Choice page.

We do not provide any public information on building custom Connection Adapters. Those that are in our OpenConnect program would have access to materials to build Connection Adapters. If you want to discuss entering this program, please email info [at] ninjatraderecosystem [dot] com.

I will submit a feature request for our development to consider creating a connection adapter for TradeStation. Once I have a tracking ID I will post in this thread for future reference.
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 07-26-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes