Alert set or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert set or not?

How do I know if I set an alert correctly or not? There is no "bell" icon or anything attached to the line I set to alarm if crossed - no confirmation. It's not very reassuring.

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for your post.

There is an actions section of the alert configuration that you can use to display a popup once your alert is triggered to use for testing and confirmation it's configured correctly.

Additionally I would recommend using the Alerts Log window which will display a new entry each time an alert is triggered.

Please visit the link below to learn more about configuring alerts.Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

and what nonsense is this message trying to tell me? that the alert is set to the chart container window, not the actual symbol??

Comment

why on earth would anyone want to move an alert to a new instrument... that has a completely different chart and price levels?

Comment

Hello irukandji,

Thank you for your note.

Yes the alerts that you have configured are tied to that specific Chart instance. This allows you to have different charts with the same instrument without having alerts trigger on every chart once the conditions for a single chart alert are configured. Changing the chart instrument will not by default change the alert to the new instrument, this popup server to notify you of that.

Comment

I want alerts set to the ticker, not the actual chart itself. I should be able to keep my configuration and layout, be able to load as many charts as i want into that actual chart window and be able to set alerts on individual tickers.

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for your reply.

You would likely be better server setting these alerts up in a Market Analyzer and not a Chart, as alerts are tied to the windowed instance that they are configured in and not the instrument itself. This is to preserve the way that windows and calculations within those windows are instanced. It is not possible to set an alert in a chart and have it span multiple charts.

For instructions on how to configure an alert please visit the link below:For information on using the Market Analyzer please visit the link below:Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Comment

so how do I set alerts to lines I've drawn, using one window, and multiple tickers?

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

In order to do this you would want to add multiple data series to the chart and create multiple alert conditions tying each of the data series to the line in that chart.

This could get rather complex and you may be better server creating a NinjaScript addon to do this for you, as what you're doing seems to be more complex than what these alerts were designed for.

If you'd like assistance with this please write into PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot)com letting us know you'd like assistance to the NinjaScript team so they can provide you with resources to get started.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

"as what you're doing seems to be more complex than what these alerts were designed for" - set an alert to a line on a chart so it can ding a bell when that level is hit and to do this to several charts.

Yeah.... That is just mind-blowingly complex... whoa!!!!!

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

That is correct, depending on the number of instruments you're wanting to compare and the values they're trading at it could be very complex.

To clarify, an example would be to have say the CL and the ES on the same chart and use one line for both instruments when the line is crossed correct?

This would not be possible because the line would be tied to a specific price value. The CL will never touch the same price value that the ES trades at, so that line would not work for both of those values.

If you would like to configure this you would need to add additional conditions for each data series comparing it's last traded price to a drawing object placed on the chart.

What you're trying to do using the alerts window would require multiple lines and multiple conditions with alerts configured in multiple panels of the charts and would likely be better served by creating a custom script.

Please feel free to write in if you would like access to NinjaScript resources to create a script to accomplish this.

Comment

I'm not talking about multiple data series or multiple instruments on the same chart? I' talking about individual stocks IN THE SAME CHART WINDOW, using a watch-list to scan through them?

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

As mentioned this would not be possible using the alerts window because:
                          • Alerts are tied to the specific chart window
                          • Drawing objects are tied to specific data series, meaning that drawing object placed on the ES 06-20, will not show on the MES 06-20.
                          If you would like to configure this you would need to add additional conditions for each data series comparing it's last traded price to a drawing object placed on the chart (for that instrument).

What you're trying to do using the alerts window would require multiple lines and multiple conditions with alerts configured in multiple panels of the charts and would likely be better served by creating a custom script.

Please feel free to write in if you would like access to NinjaScript resources to create a script to accomplish this.

Comment

What is requires is some back-end stuff on your end so when I draw a line with alert on say "AAPL" at $300, that info is added to an AAPL file for my system. Then if I add an alert to to "NFLX" at $250, that $250 level alert is added to my NFLX file. So this means, whenever I change my chart to that ticker symbol (as anyone would do using one window to scroll through a watchlist quickly, using your own "Instrument Link") the alert will be remembered. Also, it needs to be continuously monitored in the background, so even if I am NOT looking at that chart, the alert will still fire and pop-up on screen, you know, to ALERT me to the fact that a price on a certain instrument has been hit, and so I need to take a look at it and possibly place a trade - this is basic stuff guys that most platforms do with ease.

Why NT (as always) can't do basic things?

PS - managed to add price to drawn lines yet? Or is that too complicated also?

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

Again as mentioned, your request would not be possible at this time.

I would be happy to submit this as a feature request on your behalf. For updates on other feature requests or items please reply to that associated thread. Please let me know if you would like this submitted as a feature request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kevinenergy, Yesterday, 12:01 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kevinenergy  
                              Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
                              15 responses
                              0 likes