Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can´t access indicators

Hi,
    CTRL+I or right click on a chart&Indicators selection in the menu do not work to access the indicators for the chart and the NT8 patform crashes. Only way of accessing the indicators is by using the icon on the upper part of the chart.
    I´ve installed the last version of NT8 and have tried to deactivate the HotKey associated to Indicators to no avail.
    I also don´t receive any log error or trace error.

Hello motog4,

My first suggestion would be to take a look at your Windows Updates. It sounds like there might be an issue with the .NET Framework, causing this crash.

As such, please first ensure all Windows Updates have been installed and your system is fully up-to-date.

Please let me know, should you still experience this after installing the updates or if none were available, thank you in advance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All Windows 10 Updates correctly installed but unable to access indicators in the normal manner.

Comment

Hello motog4,

Thank you very much for your reply.

While you did state you did not see any errors in the trace & log files there can often be other indicators that might give us an idea on what is happening on your platform.

Could you please send me the trace & log files? I'd like to take a second look and see if we can track down what is causing this.

To do this, please click on "Help" and "Email Support", then mention "ATTN Manfred" in the email's body. That way I will receive it directly and can then take a closer look at it.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Sorry but I don´t see the Email support in the Help Section at the bottom of the page and where I can attach the requested files.

Comment

Hello motog4,

The option would be in your NinjaTrader Platform, under "Help" and "Email Support".

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi,
              in safe mode, I can access the indicator by using the right menu but it does not appear to be related to the MarketDepth problem since after restarting normally and without the issue reported, the platform crashed again.

Comment

Hello motog4,

Thank you very much for testing this.

If the platform does not crash in Safe Mode it's a good indication that the platform itself behaves as expected.

As the NinjaTrader platform is very open, a custom script can affect the platform on a very basic level and can cause crashes even if the indicator is not yet loaded on a chart, simply by running in the background.

If the indicator in question does not produce an error message our system might not be able to tell exactly what caused the crash, complicating the troubleshooting process.

My suggestion would be to uninstall the indicator(s) that you suspect might be causing trouble. If the platform then works reliably my second suggestion would be to reach out to the developer of this indicator to see if a newer version is available or if they know what might be causing these crashes.

Should you have any further questions please let me know!

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer again,
                  the problem also happens when I´ve only a blank WS and I open a chart without indicators. WHy I can access the indicators menu from the upper icon and not via HotKey or right click?

Thanks.
                  Last edited by motog4; 05-06-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Hello motog4,

Even if a blank workspace is being loaded, NinjaTrader will still load all installed custom assemblies. This includes all installed third-party scripts and indicators.

If an indicator then causes a problem this can lead to you not being able to open the list even if the indicator is not present on this chart or within the currently open workspace, simply because the indicator list itself will request the indicator and then fails.

This can usually be resolved by uninstalling the conflicting indicator, which should return the platform to full functionality immediately.

Comment

Hi again,
                      which are the assemblies that are pre-installed, if any, during the original NT8 installation? None?
                      Thanks,
                      M

Comment

Hello motog4,

That's correct, a clean NinjaTrader 8 installation would not have any entries in the "Remove NinjaScript Assembly" window as only third-party installations are listed therein.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Irukandji  
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes