Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy not working and not shown in chart

HI,

I have got a question regarding one of my strategies I wrote in the editor.

When I click on the chart and go to the strategies tab I can choose the strategy. It works just fine, meaning I can see the orders in the chart and orders are submitted.
    Since I want to use the strategy for various instruments having different parameters I tried to add the strategy in the control center. However, no orders are submitted or shown in the chart.

So my questions are:
    1. When adding the stratgy via the chart, can I use various instruments and parameters?
    2. If 1 does not work, why is the strategy not working when adding it into the control center?

Thanks!

Hello elnoppo,

Thanks for your post.

When you add a strategy in the strategies tab of the NinjaTrader8 control center, no chart is associated with it so the strategy does not have a means for output. As noted in the help guide (link below): "Strategies initiated from the Strategies tab will NOT appear in a chart" If you need to see it on a chart, you would have to add the strategy to a specific chart. Here are the two links to the help guide concerning running from a chart or running from the strategies tab:

When you add a strategy to a chart, yes you can change the chart instrument and yes you can change the parameters however you would have to stop the strategy for each instrument change.

"why is the strategy not working when adding it into the control center?" Did you enable it? If so check the color of the strategy name. If the strategy name is orange/yellow, then the strategy is waiting for the last historical trader to close before it places live trades. You can read about this in "Understanding the strategies tab": https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tegies_tab.htm

If your strategy does not stay enabled, then check the "log" tab of the control center for any run time errors.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes