IBKR Cannot load stock data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBKR Cannot load stock data

I recently purchased a lifetime license and I am still a bit new to this platform. I am all set up to trade over the IBKR Gateway. I have futures working but I cannot seem to get any chart data on any stocks. A big part of getting the license for Interactive Brokers was that I could trade a bunch of different assets. I don't get any errors when opening a stock chart, but the chart is completely blank.
    I have setup Gateway as per the FAQ.

Hello hautdog,

Thank you for your post.

What stock symbols are you trying to view for example?

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2541952 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,
      Thanks for looking into this for me. I have tried looking at charts for ANET, AMZN, INTC.
      I was about to send out the log/trace files when I took a look at once trace. It appears that I don't have permission to get realtime data. Sorry, I am pretty new to this. Does this mean I have to purchase a realtime data stream for all stocks just as I did for futures? Looks like this is my current problem. Let me see if I can get a bundle that provides this data.

2020-05-07 17:49:22:533 ERROR: Instrument INTC Default is not enabled to receive real-time data. Please add the instrument to your IB account data subscriptions. Error: 'Requested market data is not subscribed.Delayed market data is available.Error&BEST/STK/Top&BEST/STK/Top'

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

The first thing I would check with Interactive Brokers would be that you are on the most up to date version of NinjaTrader (Control Center> Help> About> 8.0.21.1) and that you are using the supported version of TWS which is not the most up to date version of TWS as per the Connection Guide:

TWS 973.2 - Download

If you've ensured the connection is properly configured and still seeing this, I would suspect you are receiving delayed data with this connection and would need to reach out to Interactive Brokers directly to get real time data enabled with your connection.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hautdoge - did you resolve this issue? I'm experiencing that same...albeit I have the market data subscription.

Comment

Hello burtoninlondon,

This thread is a bit old so the information may not be current.

Please check the Connection Guide and make sure you are using the version of TWS/IB Gateway we recommend there. Please also make sure NinjaTrader is updated. Using older versions of NinjaTrader and other version of TWS/IB Gateway are where we most often see unexpected behavior.

If you are still having issues, please contact platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com, or open a new thread so we can look into your issue without the existing information from this thread conflicting.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238
            by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses