How to rearm alerts in Ninjatrader MarketAnalyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rearm alerts in Ninjatrader MarketAnalyzer

I'm trying to get alerts set up in the NT8 MarketAnalyzer with mixed results.
    I want to achieve that an alert goes off when price takes out the high or low of the day. When the 5m bar closes, I want to rearm that alert.

I've tried different settings but the rearm doesn't seem to work. I now have it working on a 300 seconds interval which does seem to work, but how can I get it to rearm on the close of a 5m bar?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Can you provide a screenshot of your Market Analyzer (showing the columns applied) and also the general and conditions window of your alert? Here is an example of what I want to see:
    I assume you're using 'Rearm type' = 'On timer', 'Rearm seconds' = '300'. What other rearm types have you tried that do not seem to work?

Comment

I'm on version 8.0.15.1 64-bit (multibroker lifetime license).

The only alert that works is the rearm 300 seconds alert. However, I want a rearm to occur on the close of every 5m bar instead of every 300 seconds.

I've attached the images for you I just want to have alerts when price hits particular levels on every 5m bar.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Market Analyzer, in general, have no concept of intervals. It is primarily a real-time only tool. However, some columns do have the ability to have an interval selected. In your screenshot, we can see that the ATR column has a daily interval.

Alert rearm type = On bar close will only function with columns that have an interval property. For all other columns, you'll need to use the timer.

To summarize, using the timer is the simple solution. A more complex solution would be possible by custom programming of columns so that they all include an interval.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred