Change Indicator order on chart and Volume question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Indicator order on chart and Volume question

How do you change the order that indicators show up on your chart? Example: Price chart with Vol underneath it and MACD underneath Vol. How would I reverse the Vol and MACD order? I went to properties configure and click the move up, move down buttons and apply but nothing changes.

Also, is there a way to have the volume bars within the price chart similar to how it would appear on thinkorswim?

In the indicator properties window, go to the Visual section... there you can chose which panel (and therefore, re-oder also) things appear in.
    Same method should enable a TOS-like volume in price chart display. To get a TOS-like display, set the Volume to show Scale justification on the left, but Panel Same as input series
    Last edited by tgn55; 05-09-2020, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Thank you, tgn55 That helps with the setup. One other question now; is there a way to change opacity of indicator? If I put volume in the input panel, high volumes now cover the candlesticks.

Comment

I think not with Volume, probably most don't have this AFAIK. Some indicators, eg Ichimoku, include this.

A couple suggestions that may partially solve the issue:
        1. Try Hollow Candles bar style... you can see stuff better, eg MA plots you may have are visible "behind" price bars
        2. Play with the Volume bar width (poke around in the properties... it's there)

Comment

Thank you for all the help. I was hoping I was just not finding an opacity setting somewhere. I really like the volume bars within the chart like that. Unfortunately, no matter what width you choose, volume still hides any wicks. Guess you could displace a bit one way or the other. Might try that. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi rajwarrior, thanks for your question and thank you also tgn55 for your answers as well.

If the volume plot bars are getting in the way of the price, highlight the plot by clicking on the volume bars so they have white dots, then hold Shift and scroll your mouse wheel to adjust the Z order.

Please let me know If I can assist any further.
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Chris. Exactly what I was looking to do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi
              by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes