Chart centering with deadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart centering with deadband

I like the way that NT permits re-scaling a chart manually via mouse drag; i.e. manual zoom in or out. A hotkey to center chart scale on price would enhance this feature, but what would be even better from my point of view would be to automatically center with a deadband; i.e. re-center only when price moves some specified number of ticks off center. This might even be easier to implement than a hotkey. Deadband would need to be user specified. I don't want the scale jumping around with every price wiggle, which is what I get when I select "Center price on scale" in the Data Series dropdown menu, and I'd just as soon not have to deal with a hotkey. I just want NT to keep price roughly centered regardless how I zoom the scale in or out.

Thank you for the suggestion.

A couple options you currently have:
    1. Enable 'Center price on scale'
      1. Right-click on your chart > Data series > Enable 'Center price on scale' > OK
    2. Increase the upper and lower margin on your chart
      1. Right-click on the price scale of your chart > Properties > Increase 'Margin upper' and 'Margin lower' > OK
    I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1120. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-13-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

add my vote to this feature

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      0 responses