Rithmic only allowing 1 connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic only allowing 1 connection?

Hi. I use Rithmic as my data feed. In the past, I have been able to have two simultaneous connections to my Rithmic feed. For example, I have had Ninja Trader and Bookmap running simultaneously on a single Rithmic account. I have also had Ninja 8 running on two different PCs using my Rithmic feed as long as one of them is in simulation mode.

This seems to no longer work.

Tonight, I had Ninja running on one PC in simulation mode, when I started Ninja on the second PC also in simulation mode, the Rithmic feed shut down on the first PC with a message saying: My Rithmic for Ninja Trader Brokerage: Disconnect enforced by broker or 2nd login to the same account.

Has the policy changed at Rithmic?

Thanks

I don't know about your situation, but my broker (who cares) emailed everyone recently and said Rithmic is charging per connection - so how many are you needing, this is the cost. I only had one so I didn't want charged for default 2.

Comment

The CME is no longer allowing multiple simultaneous connections without extra fees.
      Here is Ritmics info on the subject http://yyy3.rithmic.com/?p=1063
      There is a workaround utilizing R Trader Pro but NT does not support it yet, request your vote to be added here https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rithmic-plugin

My guess is that Ritmics workaround is to make the data available on a port on localhost. If that is the case and all else stays the same, changing the data servers domain to ip mapping to localhost in window's hosts file and if necessary port forwarding could do the trick also.

Comment

Hello ralett,

Thank you for posting.

sledge and MojoJojo are both correct, the CME exchange has indeed altered how it charges per connection, which means most Rithmic providers will now charge you for a second account. I would suggest contacting your Rithmic provider for more information on getting a second login to accomplish this.

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.
        Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes