Bug Report Regarding On-Chart Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report Regarding On-Chart Drawings

Whenever multiple lines are drawn on a chart and then adjusted via the Drawing Objects panel, other lines that were not adjusted shift randomly and then must be manually corrected. This is a bug with the charting that I would like to report. It is annoying when lines constantly move on their own and need to be readjusted.

Hello apex128,

Thank you for your post.

Would you be able to supply screenshots of the discrepancy you're seeing?

Are these lines that shift on a chart using non-time based bars, such as renko or tick bars?

Do the lines that shift have endpoints in the future?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello apex128,

I have not received answers to my above questions. It's very possible that what you're experiencing is simply a limitation of using non-time based bars and extending anchor points into the future while using equidistant spaced bars. If you right click on the chart and go to properties and uncheck equidistant bars, do you experience the lines shifting?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using tick charts, but I am not sure if my trend lines always extend into the future when they shift by themselves. Also when lines are copy pasted they are often not parallel with one another. The bug also doesn't happen every time, but it is still pretty frequent. Turning off equidistant spaced bars makes it impossible to read the chart, as they all overlap one another. To be clear, the affected lines are typically those that I did not adjust using the Drawing Objects panel. Screenshots with captions attached.

Comment

Hello apex128,

Thank you for your reply.

Any line with an end point that extends past the current bar would be expected to change as new bars are formed. This is expected since non-time-based charts use an estimation of the time for bars in the future. There is no way to tell what time bars will finish in the future. For example, it could take 10 seconds for a 150 tick bar to close or it could take 8 minutes. As new bars form, you will see these lines shift. It is also expected that a copied line that has a future end point would not be the same as the pasted copy for the same reasons.

The only way to keep this from occurring would be to use non-equidistant spaced bars, as this will display the bars by the time they form so there's a regular time span for the chart. It is simply a limitation of using drawing objects projected into the future with non-time based charts and is not a bug.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post truepenny  
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
          1 response
          0 likes