Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Connection refresh speed

Hello,
    I've noticed that while using market replay on Ninjatrader 8, the refresh rate of the market replay is always 1 second. I understand that is for better performance, but is there a way to make that refresh rate faster? Especially for these more volatile markets, using the DOM I need a faster refresh rate sometimes.

Hello,

Thanks for writing.

We currently have an open feature request for the ability to have Market Replay update on each tick rather than once per second. I have added your vote.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2099. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Hi!

Please add my vote.

For people who want to backtest day trading strategies or scalpers this feature is very important. As decision-making can change a lot between the real time connection and the playback. Making backtesting gives still today a very different environment from live trading.

If the real live connection charts refresh every 250 ms (according to what I found researching a bit), then updating on each tick shouldn't even be needed to recreate in a much better way the live trading environment. A refresh ratio of just 250 ms, as the chart update frequency, should do it. It would be amazing if the playback can be updated on each tick and maybe also if this feature can be somehow managed, as I guess not every machine will have enough power to run it and could become a performance issue depending also on the amount of charts and indicators each trader uses.

Also, as an end note: I would suggest from a marketing/sales perspective, the more you can give a real time trading experience to free users, with demo accounts and playbacks, the more that they will be likely to buy the platform, as they can test their strategies/plans/trades exactly as with the live market.

How can I contact Platform Support to ask about the SFT-2099 feature request?

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

Don Miguelo

Comment

Hello DonMiguelo,

Thank you for your reply.

Your vote has been added.

Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
          Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you also add my vote for the ability to have market replay update on each tick rather than per second? It's impossible to use the market replay feature when you want to practice DOM or Footprint due to this issue. Thank you

Comment

Hello cstone1004

Thank you very much for your post.

I have added a vote on your behalf to SFT-2099.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, if we may be of any further assistance!
              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Pleae add my vote as well

Comment

Hello cay7man​,

Thank you very much for your post.

I have added a vote on your behalf to SFT-2099.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, if we may be of any further assistance!​
                  Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post z.franck  
                  Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes