Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASX Shares Instrument Import List

Good Morning,

I would like some assistance regarding the importing of ASX full list of shares (Equities) into Ninjatrader 8.
    I have tried to import the ASX list downloaded in excel and imported, however no charts can display at all.
    I have an interactive brokers account and they stated that all is active and I should receive the market data and the issue is with Ninjatrader, not with them but interactive brokers only speak basic English.
    I have looked at some of the threads in the past, and most refer to Yahoo account closing down, this doesn't assist me.
    It is a shame, that some have explained that Ninjatrader is not user friendly for ASX Shares, that's great because I wouldn't have outlayed for license fee if I was made aware of this in the start.

Hello Baron,

Thank you for your post.

Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database.

Additionally, Equities can be added to the NinjaTrader instrument database by typing the instrument symbol followed by the exchange into an open chart and pressing the "Enter" key on your keyboard. For example, you can type "CSR ASX" to add ticker symbol "CSR" mapped to the ASX.

When importing a stock list, it'd important to ensure to set the mapping via the "Traded On" section to the ASX. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for the reply, however still not working. See attached images.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you instead post the settings from the Control Center> Tolls> INstruments> search and select the instrument> edit... window? This window would have the information that defines how an instrument is managed by a data feed provider and would provide some more insight into what may be occurring.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Good Morning,

Please the attached file as requested.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2551483 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.

Comment

Hi,
              I am trying to resolve this issue also, importing ASX instrument lists to NT8, I have the market data from Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2551483 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.

Comment

Any progress on importing a list of ASX instruments?

Also, a related question: which brokerages are known to provide accounts that support NinjaTrader for trading the ASX? Specifically, not just CFDs, but actual Stocks.

Thanks.
                  Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                  jeronymite
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

There would not be a NinjaTrader maintained list of these stocks at this time but will leave the thread open in the event another user would like to share such a list if it's been created.

Interactive Brokers would be your best option as a broker if you would like to use NinjaTrader to trade the ASX. If you fund a trading account with Interactive Brokers, they can provide live market data for the ASX that you can use within NinjaTrader. Interactive Brokers may also be able to provide accounts that support CFD trading in addition to stocks, but you would have to check with them to confirm. If you purchase or lease a live license key for NinjaTrader, you can also place orders from NinjaTrader to your account with Interactive Brokers.

There are also a handful of dedicated market data providers available that could provide data for the ASX on a monthly subscription basis. This would allow you to use the NinjaTrader platform for charting and analytics without connecting to brokerage account. Kinetick and IQFeed would be able to provide data for ASX Futures while eSignal would be an option for ASX stocks.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Thanks, Marco.

I'll take a look at IB.

Re the list, my comment related to your comment that there was an issue importing such a list, and I wanted to know if that issue had been identified/rectified.

Thanks.
                      jeronymite

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you further elaborate on the issue you are experiencing with importing a stock list? Do you receive an error? What does it report.

A stock list can be imported to add many instruments at one time to the instrument database, however the symbol mapping information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.

Comment

Hi Marco,

I was commenting on your comments above that there was an issue. I have not tried to import anything, but I want to know if the issue you identified above has been understood and fixed.

Thanks.
                          jeronymite

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The previous replies to this thread were dealing with particular stock instruments and symbol mappings for them.

Are you having a issue with a particular stock or have something specific occurring regarding importing ASX stocks? This should be possible in almost all cases provided your data provider supports the desired instruments.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Kaledus
                            by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM