Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Control Not Visible

Hello,

I get a green light when connected to Playback Connection, but the little Playback Control window is not visible. There is not an icon on my task bar showing a window that might be off-screen either. I have tried closing NinaTrader and deleting the _Workspaces.xml file and re-starting NT, but that did not work either.

Using 8.0.15.1 64-bit

Thank You

Hi Dawn, I used to have the same problem.
    Have you hovered your cursor over the NT8 icon in your taskbar , shift + right clicked it , then clicked the options there one by one to see if it will pop up?

I would suggest "Minimizing all windows" then "restoring all windows" then again "Minimizing all windows" again before doing the Shift + Right click on NT8 Icon in taskbar option

Comment

Thanks! I was not aware of "Shift / R-Click in task bar. That helped and then further got me thinking to check the Task Manager and it showed the "Playback" was out there somewhere, allowed me to minimize where I could just see a sliver of the bar, and then thru some combo of moving it and shutting down NT on re-opening the Playback control came up in full. Strange stuff, and BTW I am using Windows 10. Thanks again - all is well.

Comment

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm showing the exact same thing as DawnCoyote, but cannot get the playback box to reappear in full. since it's off screen somewhere, but it is not shown in the windows taskbar, I can't move it when it is normal size. If I minimize it via Task Manager, I can see that same sliver of the Playback box and then move that around, but as soon as I maximize it again, it goes off screen.

Any other ideas? Help?

EDIT:
        Since this is a window off screen, what I ended up doing what this - I closed NT8, unplugged all my monitors from the video card except for one. Restarted NT8. On restart there is a pop-up that says "there are windows out of the viewing area, would you like to move them into the viewing area." Clicked yes. Started playback and the control panel was there. Shut down NT8 and saved the workspace. Plugged monitors back into video card. Started NT8. Started playback. Control panel was back.
        Last edited by spideysteve; 01-05-2019, 06:01 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes